Chapter 79

The conversation with Meng Shao Jue last night felt unreal as though it was nothing more than a dream, but such topic of conversation is destined to only be treated as a dream, after waking up from the dream, he continues his own vengeance, I continue my own plans.

The intersection of lives that are not on the same path should just be like this.

Since Ying Lu said she will help me pass on the news, the quicker it is done, the better. I dare not to risk having Ying Lu carrying a letter, and can only tell her the address, telling her to personally pass on the spoken message to Yang Fan.

After Ying Lu had left, the room went quiet, I let out a sigh of relief, the right hand at my chest seems to be able to feel the quick beating of my heart.

An ke Lan, stay calm.

I continuously walk back and forth in the room, my clenched fist sweating without stop, the sticky feeling a little unbearable. Until Qing Ya enters the room and asks me if I'm feeling unwell anywhere out of concern, do I deliberately lie on the soft couch to feign calmness.

"I'm fine." I say to Qing Ya, also saying it to myself.

Ying Lu very quickly returns, she is clearly very nervous, tightly holding my hands as she tells me she has found Yang Fan, and has passed on my words to Yang Fan as I had instructed.

I feel my entire body lose all its energy in one moment, leaning against her shoulder as I quietly say: "Thank you."

Ying Lu pauses, then laughingly scolds: "Silly, we're friends."

I look at her delicately pretty face and lightly smile, that's right, we are friends.

As the old saying goes, the moment of waiting is the toughest.

Ying Lu has already passed on my words to Yang Fan, yet the situation on Yang Fan's side is unknown to me. Is Yang Fan able to rescue Yuwen Rui......? This is undoubtedly the most crucial problem.

However, I very quickly come to realise my own negligence.

"Ah-Lan." Meng Shao Jue suddenly appears at the doors, handsome face looking very unpredictable.

My hand holding the cup trembles, yet the expression on my face remains unchanging, "En."

Ying Lu's expression is extremely unnatural, forcing herself to hook up her red lips as she says to him: "How strange, does Brother not need to accompany Young Lady Hua today? How come you would think of coming here......?"

"Ying Lu, shut up right now." The look in Meng Shao Jue's eyes is ice-cold as he says this.

"Brother......" Ying Lu's eyes turns red, resentfully saying: "Are you not even allowing me to speak about her now?"

Meng Shao Jue's hands are held behind his back, phoenix eyes travelling back and forth between Ying Lu and I, finally stopping on her, "Ying Lu, where did you go yesterday?"

Ying Lu's body trembles, "I......I went out to buy some powder and rouge yesterday." Her composure instead becomes steadier, strongly saying: "Didn't Brother say that on the twentieth of every month, Xiang Fen Court will release new products? I went to have a look with Xiao Die yesterday, this time......"

"Ying Lu." Meng Shao Jue's emotions are unclear in those black beady eyes, "Other than going to Xiang Fen Court, where else did you go?"

Ying Lu innocently shakes her head, "I didn't go anywhere."

Meng Shao Jue keeps his eyes fixed onto her for a while, then suddenly hooks up his thin lips into a smile, yet his eyes appear as sharp as a blade, "Ying Lu, I really am starting to regret spoiling you to this state now."