Naruko Joins the Anbu: Part 2

Naruko's POV

Well, I'm in the Anbu. How fun.

Not.

The stinking Hokage only sends me on low or high C rank missions. I might as well be a Genin at this rate!

It doesn't help that my team members are incompetent fools.

"Come on Fox, say something," Bird whined, barely dodging a kunai coming his way from a C rank bandit.

Yes you heard me right, a C rank bandit. A fricking Anbu, barely dodging a kunai from a C rank bandit.

I sent a couple hand signs. "No, shut up before I make you."

"Pwease," Monkey whined like Bird, almost getting stabbed by a stick.

"NO!" I signed to them, taking the stick from the attacker and whacking 4 bandits in the head with it- effectively knocking them out.

I used the Flying Thunder God technique to take out the last 20 bandits in two seconds. I guess taking out 200 C rank bandits was sorta of a work out.

"Lets go," I signed to them, heading back for Konoha.

"But Foxy woxy!" Bird began to whine yet again.

I let out a sigh. I'm so asking for new teammates when I get back.

...

I shut my apartment door with a sigh. It took me five hours of arguing with the Hokage till I got new teammates.

Cue Flashback

"So you want knew teammates, eh?" the Hokage questioned.

I nodded in reply.

"I will allow it if..." Hiruzen trailed off.

"If?" I asked, willing to do almost anything to get rid of those dead weights.

"You let me see your face!" The 3rd Hokage yelled, jumping up from his chair pointing at me- knocking all of his paperwork off of his desk in the process.

I watched the papers flutter to the ground then looked up at the old Hokage. "What."

End Flashback

I actually almost considered keeping those dead weights.

I walked over to my hard bed and flopped onto it with a sigh. Why did I even need to come to Konoha? I mean, there is literally no point in being here.

I slet out one of my famous sighs and snuggled under my covers, ready to get some sleep- only to be interrupted by a knocking on my door.

"Naruto? You up?" The old voice of the Hokage rang through my door.

"Yeah," I yelled loudly, quickly putting up my henge.

I ran to the door and opened it.

"What's up old man?" I said in a bit more loud of a voice just to get back at him for earlier. "Are you going to take me out for ramen?"

Please say yes!

"No, I came to ask if you wanted to go for a walk with me." he said with a chuckle.

I wanted to say, "Nope, not interested." and close the door on the dumb Hokages face.

But instead I said, "Yep, BELIEVE IT!"

Sarutobi chuckled and took my hand in his. We walked for a bit around the outskirts of the village and eventually ended up on top of the Hokage's monument.

"What are we doing here gramps?" I questioned.

Instead of answering my question, he asked one of his own. "Do you have a dream Naruto?"

I thought about it for a second. "To eat 50 bowls of Ramen!"

The Hokage just let out a soft chuckle. "Look out at the village and tell me what you see."

I looked down at the village. "A lot of houses and people."

"You know what I see? I see my family, my children, my brothers and sisters. They all rely on me to take care of them, something that I plan to do till I cannot no more," Sarutobi said with a faraway look in his eye. "That is my Will of Fire, and I hope that you will develop one too."

"A family huh?" I said quietly. "Then I want to become Hokage someday and protect this village... just like you."

Little did I know that, that dream would die because I soon learned about the amount of paperwork involved.

{September 29, 2018}

Edited By:

Weirdly_Lazy