Chapter 4

four

The Universe was smiling upon my insignificant little being, presenting me with the gift of an amazing new job and also a place to live for the foreseeable future. Not wanting the Universe to take backs its offerings, I was desperate to make myself useful to my new employer, so I rushed to pick up the coffee mugs with the intention of carrying them to the kitchen and washing them up along with the lunch dishes, but I was interrupted in my endeavor by Harry's long-fingered hand on my elbow.

"There's no need for that Bliss, thank you. I'm very much capable of cleaning up after myself" he said, sounding a bit amused.

"Well, you're my boss now. I'm just doing my job, Mr. Styles." I instantly defended myself.

"You're a guest in my house today. The cleaning is my job, yours is just to have fun. And you're to call me Harry at all times, not any of that Mr. Styles nonsense" he answered firmly.

Not really knowing how to react, I proceeded to excuse myself and made a beeline to the guest bathroom, which turned out to be a magnificent room with white marble flooring and walls. I took my time examining the expensive looking scented candles that lined a glass shelf perched in a side wall near the sink. I inspected my hair and checked to see if I had any leftover lunch stuck to my teeth. I had lathered myself with the delicious smelling hand lotion that matched the soap, I made my way back to the sitting room but stopped at the door as I heard Harry and Jeff talking, it seemed rude to just go in and interrupt their conversation. They had been friends for a long time, and I was just the recently hired help.

I stood near the door, trying really hard not to listen to what they were saying, but Harry's loud booming laugh made it impossible, he said "Gotta to hand it to you, Jeff. My asking Bliss to come live here really took you by surprise, but you managed to keep quiet. That's a huge improvement, there's hope for you yet."

"I value my mental health very much, pal. That's why I don't question your unconventional ideas anymore. Besides I know, that in due time you'll explain." Jeff responded.

"There's something about that girl, Jeff. She looks kind and fragile and strong at the same time, as her writing. I just feel she needs a safe haven for a while, is easy to see much if not all of her self-confidence has been taken away. She needs a break, I'm happy to be in a position to offer it to her."

"I see, is another one of your projects. Next, you'll be describing her in that overused analogy of Bliss being like a bird with broken wings that need healing. Well, it's good to have your energy occupied in something. You won't get any objections from me, the contract is signed so there shouldn't be any complications. What does worry me is you getting too invested in this rescue mission, she might not meet your expectations. And even if she does, she might fly away H, keep that in mind. I fear next you'll be telling me she's doesn't know she's beautiful" Added Jeff.

I held my breath waiting for Harry's answer, the most important thing in the world at this point was to know if he liked how I looked. All right, I'm going to be honest with you here, I did wait in the hallway out of politeness, it seemed rude to interrupt them. But since they were talking about me, polite respect had soon been replaced by shameless eavesdropping. Don't judge me, wouldn't you have done the same, if put in my position?

"Is not that exactly" said Harry thoughtfully. I knew it! The man dated supermodels, of course, he wouldn't find me beautiful, but still, he could have said that I was a bit cute. "Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful all right. Stunningly so, and of course she doesn't know it. It's endearing how she seems to be embarrassed all the time. The thing about her is that she makes people feel good about themselves. I enjoyed the conversation I had with her before you arrived immensely," Wait a minute, Harry thought I was beautiful? I gave myself a mental high five.