Chapter Fifty One

~ Neither man nor woman is perfect or complete without the other. Thus, no marriage or family, no ward or stake is likely to reach its full potential until husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, men and women work together in unity of purpose, respecting and relying upon each other's strengths.~

The next day.

I woke up and Alec wasn't there. I looked over at the clock and stretched. It was 7:30. I got up and I walked in to the bathroom and quickly showered, I brushed my teeth and then I walked back in to the bedroom and I quickly put on a pair of jeans and a top. I grabbed my phone and I walked out in to the hallway, I went in to Eli's room first. He had just woken up, I could tell from his obvious bed hair, he rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Morning baby boy." I say smiling as I walk over to him. "Morning mommy." He says. I lift him up and I carry him to the bathroom, he uses the toilet while I get his clothes ready. I walk back in to the bathroom and I quickly shower him. I wash his hair, face and body then I rinse him. I switch the shower off and then I wrap him in a towel. We walk back in to his room. I dry him and then I get him dressed. I brush his hair and then I put his socks on him. I put him on the ground and I put out his toy box. "I'm gonna come back and get you after I get the twins dressed okay baby." I say. "Okay mommy." He says getting some toys out. I walk in to the twins room. "Momma!" Colton says happily. "Morning bubba." I say walking over to him. Chloe was still half asleep so I decided to get him ready first. I lift Colton out of his crib and I carry him over to his changing mat. I quickly undress him and I wipe him with a wet wipe, I grab his flannel which was warm and I wipe his face and body. I put a nappy on him and I get him dressed. I put a pair of shorts and a t-shirt on him and then I place him back in his cot. I then walk over to Chloe. "Mommy." She says tiredly. "Morning princess." I say lifting her up. I kiss her cheek while she rests her head on my shoulder. I walk over to her changing mat and I repeat the same process with Chloe. I put a dress and a pair of tights on her. I walk over to Colton and I lift him out. I carry them in to the hall way. "Eli!" I call. "Coming momma!" He calls back as he runs out the room. "I hope your toys are not all over the floor." I say as we go downstairs. He giggles and by his cheeky grin I knew that they wasn't.

We walk in to the kitchen and I put the twins in their high chairs, I then lift Eli up and then and I put him on the chair. "Weetabix?" I ask him. "Yeah." Eli says. I make them all weetabix and I place it in front of them all. I sit down on the stool watching them all eat quietly. They were definitely still tired. The ringing of my phone distracted me. It was Alec. "Good morning baby." He says as I put the phone to my ear. "Good morning babe, are you okay?" I ask him. "I'm fine honey, I was just calling to say there's a slight change of plan. I've got my grandparents and they want to meet the rest of the kids, are they awake?" He asks. "Yeah, they're just having their breakfast." I say. "You hungry? I bought some food, I know you haven't had a chance to have breakfast yet." Alec says. "Food sounds great." I say licking my lips. "See you in ten." Alec says. "Bye mom!" Jett shouts in the background. "Seeya soon. Bye Jett." I say. I hang up. I dial my moms number. "Hello darling." She says in a cheery tone. "Hello mom." I say. "How are you?" She asks me. "I'm good thank you mom, how's everyone?" I ask. "Everyone's fine thank you sweetie." She says. "Where's dad?" I ask. "Your father has gone out with the boys." My mom says. "He loves it." I chuckle. "I know. How are Alec and the kids?" She asks. "Everyone is doing good mom, Alec, Jett, Jayson and Lynx have gone to pick up Alec's grandparents." I say. "Grandparents?" She asks. Everyone says that. I chuckle. "I know, it must be serious right?" I ask. "Olivia stop overthinking." My mom says. I sigh. "Alright mom, I'll let you get back to your crossword." I say chuckle. "Thank you honey, could you pop round later?"  She asks. "Sure mom." I say as I hang up. I call Taja. "Hey Taj, I'm just checking in. How's everything?" I ask. "Hey Olivia! Thank you so much, we're doing fine. Mason is just eating his breakfast." She says. "Hi Liv!" A voice shouts in the background. It was Ty. "Ty's been helping me with sorting the house out." She says quickly. "No need to explain yourself Taja, it's your home." I chuckle. She giggles. "Feel free to come over and see us anytime, I'm sure Mason would love it." She says. "I will Taja. I gotta go now, we'll arrange something soon. Bye guys!" I say. "Bye!" They both say. I hang up. I place my phone on the counter and I walk over to the twins, I take their empty bowls and I wipe their hands and faces with the wet wipes. I take their bibs off and I place them in the wash. Eli jumps off the chair and takes his bowl over to the sink, he drops it in. I quickly wash them all and then I walk over to the twins. I take them out of their seats and we all walk in to the living room, I close the baby gate with my foot and I place them on the ground. They both take off and run to their toy boxes. "Where's dad?" Eli asks as I sit on the sofa. He stands in front of me, his blue eyes sparkled. "Daddy's gone to pick up his Grandma and Grandpa, he'll be back soon." I say and if on cue the front door opened. Jett and Jayson were the first to run in. "Babe, we're home." Alec says as he opens the baby gate. Alec's grandma came in first, she waddled in slowly. Alec's grandma was an olive skinned woman with grey/silver short hair, she was a plump lady and had bright hazel eyes. Alec carried their bags and left them by the door. "Daddy!" Eli calls. "Hey bud." Alec smiles. Alec's Grandpa walked in after Lynx. He was a grey haired man with a grey beard, he had a dark tan and bright blue eyes. He had visible wrinkles by his eyes and walked with a walking stick. I stood up and walked in to the kitchen while Lynx led them both to the sofa where they sat down. Alec came in and handed me a sandwich. "It's a bacon sandwich." He says as he sits on the counter. "Yum." I say opening the packet. "I ate half." Alec admits. I pull out the other half of the sandwich. I look at him disappointingly. He smiles a boyish grin. "Sorry." He says as he jumps off and heads over to the kettle. "I'll make them tea." He says getting cups down. I eat the rest of the sandwich. "When you said breakfast. I thought there would of been much more." I say, still disappointed. Alec chuckles. "I'm sorry babe. I'll make it up to you." He says with a wink. I smile and roll my eyes. "Whatever Alec." I say. He finishes making the tea and we walk in to the living room.