XXII

After hours of trying to contact Taehyung and not succeeding, I get a cab to his place.

I knock on the door and wait. He might open up. I hope he opens up.

"Go away." I hear his voice from the inside.

"No, Taehyung-"

"I don't want to see you. Leave."

"Taehyung, please... None of that ever happened. I never kissed Jungkook-"

"Don't- Do not say his name." he says with a shaky, angry voice, "I can't believe you."

"Taehyung, I swear on everything. I never kissed him. I never would. I love you." I cry in despare.

"Hayun..." he sighs, "No. I'm done with being the second choice."

"You were never the second choice. You are and always will be my first and only. I love you." I say in between sobs, sliding down the door, "I love you and only you." I cry, "Please."

"Hayun..." he starts, "Go away. I don't want to see you."

"No!" I cry out, not caring if I'm bothering the neighbors or not, "Please! Taehyung!" I shout, smacking the door, "Taehyung, please..." I whisper, wrapping my arms around my legs, now pressed against my chest, "Please..."

I wake up on the cold floor of Taehyung's apartment's hallway. I hear footsteps and sniffles coming from the inside of the apartment, until the steps come too close and I decide to get up.

"Okay, Taehyung, you can do this. One step after the other. It'll be fine soon." he says to himself, "It'll all be... It'll be fine soon." he says with a shaky voice, "Fuck. No, not again. Don't cry again, stupid."

I stand up and freeze hearing him talk to himself like that. What did I do? Or better, what did I not do?

I can't believe an angle made it seem like I cheated on my boyfriend.

And I can't believe he believed it.

"Okay, deep breaths. It's gonna be a long day." he says, sighing at the end.

He opens the door and that's when I realized I was staring at it for the whole time, and my eyes immediately hit his slightly puffy red ones. His nose is also red and his face looks a little swollen.

"Hayun?" he asks, "Did you spend the whole night here?"

"Y-Yes, I... That was stupid. I should go... I will come back la-"

"No. Come in."

"What?"

"Come in." he repeats.

I slowly get in and take a sit on the couch, where he sits next to me, a few inches away.

"I..." I start, but choke on my words as I feel more tears coming.

He stays still, looking hollowly at a random spot.

"I never kissed Jun- Him. I never kissed him."

"Okay." he says, coldly.

"Wh-"

"I have to go to work. It'll be quick, I only have a meeting today. We'll talk about this when I get home. Meanwhile, you'll take a nap." he says, standing up.

"I don't need a-"

"It must've been a rough night. You slept on the cold floor." he says, "Take a nap. It won't hurt."