Prologue

Izuku doesn't like his quirk

Ever since he was little he has always been more into fantasy than reality, although he gorged himself in science and medical books, Fantasy had always been his favorite genre of books, he likes reading the same stories over and over again, each time emerging with a different idea in mind. His favorite story is of Medusa, he thinks it's unfair for her to go through that.

The book gives him two images, Medusa as a human and her as 'Medusa', he always liked how pretty he was in her human form and he doesn't like how she looks like in her gorgon form, it looked really scary and it's unfair for her to look like that as punishment for a crime she never even did.

Which is why at the age of 4, Izuku didn't like his quirk

Medusa was loved but she's also hated, in the end she ended up dead and a mere accessory to a shield, ever since he found out his quirk he started wearing chokers, collars, he does not want to lose his head, people make fun of him because they think it's a girl accessory to have but people are stupid and Izuku doesn't listen to stupid things.

His hair doesn't turn into snakes but sometimes they kind shuffle on their own? Like a little wiggle, a bit sentient but not so much, scales have slowly started accumulating in his legs as patches and he noticed that her nails are sharper than ever, his teeth is still complete however the fangs in the upper part of his mouth has grown long and incredibly sharp and his tongue is slowly parting, the doctor tells him it'll be forked in the future, Izuku doesn't know what to make of it.

And his quirk... he accidentally activated it when he was about to get attacked by a snake, kind of ironic but the instant Izuku stared at its eyes the snake just dropped dead- well it stopped moving, he panicked realizing that it was slowly turning to stone, after looking away, running and hiding behind the tree, the stone slowly shedded and the snake was back to normal.

After being tested, it turns out that Izuku could literally turn anyone into stone if he stares into them long enough, although he wears sunglasses now, everyone stays away from him and bullies him for having a 'villainous' quirk.

It's not like he wanted to have a quirk like this.

They are quick to shove Izuku- calling him names, but they literally cannot look at him as they call him names, they're too afraid

Izuku felt sad that no one looked at him anymore

At age six, scales started to spot up on the sides of his face and he thinks that his eyes look really pretty

They look like a catseye, they were completely emerald green with yellow green diamond like a pattern at the side, his eyes are unusually wide and round, making him look younger than he really is, they tested out his fangs and found that that he now can make poison, it can only paralyse though and it seems to be only strong enough for birds and it does wear off like quirk after awhile.

Izuku was born with a small tiny tail bone, but now it was slowly starting to become a real tail, it was thicker and longer and it's currently the only appendage of his body that's covered with scales, it seems to respond a lot to his emotions as well.

While they go ahead and call Izuku villainous, Izuku is more than excited, even if he hates that his quirk had to be this, he knows that if he uses it nicely enough, he can be a hero.

There's this one kid, Katsuki, he doesn't talk to Katsuki that much because the boy was way too obsessed with heroes and says that reading fantasy genre books are stupid because they aren't real. However after Izuku got his quirk Katsuki started to show interest in trying to befriend Izuku.

Izuku is 100% sure it's just because Katsuki thinks that his quirk can actually go up against his, which is kind of true, Izuku can harden a part of someones body instead of the entire thing if he focuses enough, when Katsuki was feeling particularly rowdy he'd force the blonde to look at him.

There are drawbacks though, after all Izuku has to make direct eye contact for his quirk to work, so despite wearing sunglasses, he wore the most disgusting eye catching colors that he can, well no- only his shoes are bright bright red, he'd rather not embarrass himself while he can.

"Oi, fight me!" Katsuki says, Izuku scratches his palms and Katsuki yelps and hisses

"What was that for?!"

"Your palms are wounded, it'll be horrible to use your quirk now"

"What?!" Katsuki pulled his hand put to his face and noticed that the wound was pretty much a paper cut.

Sweat dribbling to paper cuts.....

"You win this time but I'll get you back one day, Deku!"

"Yes yes, I'm sure you will Kacchan" Izuku said dismissively, already used to Katsuki's antics

A few days later, Katsuki with a fully healed palm, challenges Izuku again, he proudly showed how it has healed, horrible mistake, Izuku scratches it again

"Why?! You coward why don't you fight me?! Are you looking down on me?!" Izuku pointed at a poster on the way

No fighting allowed !!!

"We can just do it outside!"

"Okay Kacchan"

Katsuki comes back after a few days, this time with a freshly healed palm but this time he doesn't show it to Izuku

"Fight me Izuku!"

Izuku's tongue slightly flicks out, he literally spits in Katsuki's face, Katsuki screamed- the liquid evaporates fast- or rather is absorbed quickly by Katsuki's skin and the blonde found out that he can't move- after a quick five seconds he's back to normal but Izuku was already running away

Izuku was home alone the next day, someone knocks on the door

"Who's there?" He asks, opening the door revealing an angry Katsuki

They stare at each other for a while, Katsuki can't move because you know, Izuku's quirk is passive

Izuku blinks and quickly slams the door shut

"IZUKU LET ME IN AND FIGHT ME!" Katsuki screeches, banging on the door

Izuku does not like fighting so

He will not, thank you very much