3.1

As Cassandra and Ariana give Bella a hug, they finally watch her leave with Edward to head back to the comfort of her home. Cassandra picks up Ariana, and walks back up the stairs to the living room. Ariana lays her head in the crook of her mom's neck, Cassandra rubbing her back till she gets to the room.

"Mommy?"

Cassandra gets to the last stair before turning into the living room, "can I sit with uncle Jasper?"

She smiles, "of course, you can sit with whoever baby."

Ariana smiles at her mom's response, wiggling to get out of her mom's grip. Cassandra puts her down, and watches her wavy hair bounce behind her and she jumps up on Jasper's lap, curling into him.

Jasper looks up to see Cassandra smiling, "hi Cassandra, hi sweetheart."

"Hi Jazz. Where is Alice?"

Jasper adjusts Ariana in his lap, letting the small girl play with his rather large hand, "she went to go make up our bed for Ariana, since she saw her falling asleep here soon."

Cassandra smiles, "thank you. You don't have to do that."

Jasper smiles as Ariana reaches up to touch his wavy hair, "uncle Jasper, our hair looks alike."

"That it does little lady."

Before Cassandra could say something, she hears Carlisle's soft voice come through the living room, "remarkable, how old is she?"

Cassandra turns away from the giggling girl and the happy empath, looking towards the other man in her life that's been a father figure to her, "she's three months, but you'll have to talk with my brother's mate, she's the one that has a better understanding of what and how her body works."

"She's not fully immortal though..."

Cassandra nods as she watches Ariana and Jasper play, "Camila thinks that when she reaches full maturity we will know if she will be fully immortal."

Carlisle nods, "is she really Emmett's?"

"Surprisingly, yes. I did't think we could have a baby... I mean this wasn't our first time having sex. I didn't know we had to use fucking condoms, Carlisle."

Carlisle chuckles, "I understand, we are dead after all. Do you mind if, we do a DNA test and I study her?"

Cassandra smiles softly, touching Carlisle's arm, "you are her grandpa, if this helps you understand and get to know her, then go for it. She's happy to finally be able to meet you."

Carlisle smiles, "thank you, Cassandra. By the way, Esme is so happy to have a baby, she's already starting to decorate a room for her."

Cassandra giggles, "thank you guys so much."

"Of course, you are like another daughter to me... but I will let you get back to Ariana, I have some things I need to finish before a big surgery tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Carlisle. Ariana? Come say night to your grandpa."

Ariana raises a finger to Jasper, to tell him hold on, as she jumps off his lap. She runs up to Carlisle, her figure resembling a 6-year-old. Carlisle bends down as she leaps on him, "goodnight grandpa."

Carlisle smiles, kissing her forehead, "goodnight my sweet Ariana."

Letting Ariana goes, the vampire and the human watch the small girl run over to her immortal uncle, "she's truly remarkable. I grabbed a piece of her hair, I'll run the DNA test later on."