Chapter 2

I woke up to my alarm at 06:30 and I was woken up from a dreamless slumber.

I quickly did my morning routine and dressed up in a navy suit with a white shirt and a maroon skinny tie. I ate breakfast that consisted of pancakes and Cranberry juice. What? I'm not your typical orange juice lover...

I made my way out of my apartment seeing the time is 07:40, headed out to my car and drove to work.

When I got there I made my way to the front desk and the same lady from  yesterday was seated there.

"Hi there. My name is Annie Frey, I'm the receptionist. How rude of me not to introduce myself yesterday" she greeted what I now assume to be her signature warm smile.

"It's okay. I didn't introduce myself either, I'm Blake King and I'm Mr Grey's new assistant" she nodded and her expression changed to one of warning.

"Be careful when working with him, he is a real tough cookie and he can be a real ass sometimes" She said, whispering the last part.

"Uhh ohk then"

"You can make your way to your floor then and start working. You'll be on the top floor by the way"

"Ok thanks, bye. See you around" I waved at her and went about my way.

I got in the elevator just like yesterday and pressed the button for the top floor.

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator the same women from yesterday sat at the front desk of the top floor and it looked as though she too just got here. She noticed my presence and looked up.

"Hi. I'm Claire Bull. I'm the receptionist for the top floor." She stood up and made her way to me. She stuck her hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Blake King and I'm Mr Grey's new assistant." I said as I shook her hand.

"Yeah, I recognize you from yesterday. I hope we will get to know each other and become friends" She said with a smile and short shrug.

"I'd like that actually." I smiled and asked "Can you show me to my office please."

"It's actually the one directly next to Mr Grey's office. Right there" she pointed to the door and I only now noticed that there's a name plate that read 'CEO's Assitant: Blake King'.

"Ohhhh. Thanks I better get in there and get it set up"

I looked at the wall clock above Claire's desk and it said it was 07:55.

"Ok then. See you around" Then she walked back to get desk to start her day.

I walked towards my office and opened the door. I walked in and I instantly loved it.

The walls were painted grey just like Mr Grey's. There was a nice table in the room with an office chair. The table was bare except for the Apple computer on it that I guessed I would use to work and an office phone.

There were two office chairs opposite mine and a bookshelf on the left side of the room. In the right side was a door that I'm sure connected to Mr Grey's office next door.

I checked my wristwatch and it was 08:00 on the dot. I knocked on the connecting door and sure enough that unmistakable deep voice told me to come in. I went in and stood behind the two chairs on the opposite side of him at his big mahogany desk.

Mr Grey was seated at his desk and was clad in a dark grey Armani suit with a white shirt, with the first button was undone, and a Rolex watch on his wrist. I was surprised to see him wearing a small smile on his face.

I spoke first " Good morning sir." I said in a professional tone while clasping my hands in front of me.

"Morning Blake. Take a seat"

His voice has my stomach tingling and leaving my ears wanting more.

"Thank you sir. Mr Grey, I would like to know exactly what my job will entail" I asked with a little bit of confidence in me.

I'm surprised I could even muster up the little confidence I had because this Greek God seated before me was oozing authority from his aura.

He smirked "Of course. You'll be screening calls that come in to my office via your office phone, you'll set up meetings, go with me to meeting to take down notes and you'll organise trips I may need to take and you'll organise my work and schedule for me. Anymore questions?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No sir." I said as I bounced my leg lightly on the floor. It's just a habit I have, nothing much to it.

"Alright then. To kickstart this day, we have a meeting to get to in an hour so be prepared to take notes for me. I will send my schedule for the week and you can take it from there." He said leaning back on his chair.

"Yes sir." I responded

"You can go to your office now and get settled. I sent you an email of some things I need you to go through for me"

"On it sir" I said as I stood up from the chair I was sitting on.

I went back to my office and say in my chair. I went through the drawers in my desk and I found them fully equipped with stationary.

I powered on the computer and my email account was already synced so I don't have to go through all that (sigh of relief).

I went about my work and it was already time to go to the meeting with Mr Grey. I took with me a notepad and pen to record the notes. I went through my messanger bag to search for my phone and I put it into my pants' pocket.

I knocked on Mr Grey's office and he was ready to go. We arrived at a boardroom that was filled with professional looking men and women that sat around the huge, oval table.

That reminds me, I need to take a tour of this place and maybe I can make a few friends. I nodded at my mental note.

Mr Grey sat at the head of the table and he motioned me to sit at the vacant chair on his right hand side. He hushed the room and began to speak.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. As you all know Mrs Levvy, my previous assistant has retired so I hired Mr Blake King here to replace her." He said with a professional facial expression.

Everyone in the room nodded at what he had said.

"Now, let's get to the agenda of this meeting."

After that being said, the meeting started and I was busy taking notes. Me being me, of course my mind wandered a bit. My thoughts went from animals to celeb news and what Mr Grey looks like when he is naked.

What? As hot as he is, you would have the same thoughts. Trust me, I know.

After what seemed like a lifetime, the meeting was finally over and I took down all the important notes. Yas bitch, I'm that good (brushing off invisible dust off my shoulder ; in my mind of course).

The spin chilling, sexy voice of Mr Grey interrupted my little moment, "Would you like to go to lunch with me?" He asked with a small smile on his face.

"Uhh o-of course s-sir. It would be a pleasure." I almost face palmed as I stuttered like an idiot.

He let out a little chuckle, "Ok then"

"Make sure you email me those notes." He said as we made our way out of the boardroom.

"Yes sir."

And me being me, I caught myself looking at his ass. Damn, I would not mind having that to myself.

'Snap out of it Blake' my mind shouted at me. I let out a small sigh. It's definitely going to be interesting experience to work for this man.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Make sure to leave comments and vote please......💌