Chapter 54

Chapter 54- Haylee's POV

I squished into the guest bathroom, took a quick shower, and opted to wear some light-washed jeans and a simple Nirvana t-shirt. A band I had indeed heard of, but I was not exactly a fan of. I was the girl that was fond of cheesy, romantic, slow songs. I kept thinking of Ed Sheeran songs, as I applied some cherry chapstick. Honestly, I usually did not put makeup on because I was a little too lazy- I only put it one for special occasions, such as yesterday when I went on the dinner with the Mendes'. I wanted to make sure I looked the best possible while I was with them.

I left the bathroom, and went to sit on the couch were a couple of the guys and girls were. The guys were taking a shower in Shawn's bathroom, and the girls' in the guest one. Shawn's parents had left to work already- and I absolutely loves that considering the fact that the Mendes family is still true to themselves despite Shawn's fame. Aaliyah had left to a friend's pool party. Shawn had a surprise planned for all of us. He truly loved them, as I had noticed he had surprises ready for me several times already.

It took about a little over an hour for all of the people to get ready. The whole hour I talked to Shawn- also all my friends, of course. We talked about happiness. The conversation got somewhat deep, considering happiness was such a vague concept. Everyone was asked what defined happiness for them, we went on- each of us trying to explain or describe what happiness. When it was Shawn's turn, he pronounced my name as his source of happiness- followed by his family, friends, and fans.

We stuffed ourselves in a van, and Hayes was seated on Nash's lap- considering it was the Mendes' family van, and it was meant for four people, not twenty four people. But it worked, I was sitting uncomfortably in between Nash and Shawn- and yet I did not complain. Gold medal for me.

'Lolly' started playing in the radio, and it was not a song that was that recent, but we all went berserk. Specially the guys, doing their sexy dance moves. It seemed like Matt and Gilinsky knew the song this way and back words. Honestly to be a white guy Matt was rapping quite well, compared to Gilinsky- and also the rest of the guys who barely knew the rap part. I for once wasn't focusing on Matt's rapping or the routes Cam was taking- as he was baptized our official chauffeur- I was focusing on Shawn dancing, gleefully. Of course, he was dancing in a very sexy way- but that smile on his face was what was really hipnotic about this moment. To think that I am his definition of happiness, the reason for that gorgeous smile of his is insane.

The jams kept playing on and on- we seemed to know every single one of them, we were screaming them from the too of our lungs. All of us were singing horrifically except for Jacob and Shawn, whose talent was natural. And for once I pitied Cam, because I feel like he was so distracted by all of our dancing and shouting and singing- occasionally the guys kissing their girlfriends. Shawn did not kiss me, and I was completely fine with that; when he sung his eyes closed themselves, and you could feel the passion in his voice. He was just inexplicably talented.

The next song that started playing was a song in Spanish- as someone had requested it by calling the radio station. I seemed to recognize the rhythm of the song immediately. It took me a while to figure out actually why did I know this song, but then I realized how Nat came to the hospital and had taught me the lyrics of this song so well- as it was her favorite. The song I easily memorized, considering I could speak a bit of Spanish and we probably went over the lyrics five hundred times; I still didn't get tired of the song, though, it was completely amazing.

"This is my song." Nat exclaimed a little too loud, while lifting her hands up in the air. "Que paso con el que dijo que te amaba? Acaso se fue y te ha dejado ilusionada? Dicelo Andy. No me choca que sola te quedas. Yo te lo dije que te iban a pagar de la misma moneda..."