Chapter 12

Catina sat on the dry grass in her garden, she was patiently listening to her older sister talk about magic.

"During practice today my hair caught on fire, I was so surprised!" Catrina exclaimed.

"Your hair caught on fire? Are you alright?" Catina question anxiously.

"Yup!" Catrina exclaimed, she stood up and gave a small twirl, "See? No injuries."

Catina exhaled in relief, "That's a relief, but maybe you shouldn't try using magic like that anymore."

Catrina rolled her eyes, "It's not like I did it on purpose."

"I'm not saying you did." Catina sighed, "Just...never mind."  

Catrina exhaled in annoyance before plopping herself on the grass, "It's not like my own magic can hurt me."

"I just think we shouldn't use magic unsupervised." Catina stated softly, "I mean, we don't even know the basics."

"I told you I didn't do it on purpose!" Catrina shouted, her anger rising, suddenly her hair caught on fire. 

Spooked, Catina rapidly back up, "Calm down Catrina!"

"I'm not angry!" Catrina shouted in panic.

"Then why is your hair on fire?" Catina questioned frantically.

"I don't know!" Catrina replied, her voice shaking slightly. 

"How do we put it out?" Catina questioned, her eyes unconsciously looking around for a water source. 

"Father was the one who put it out earlier today." Catrina said, her hands were in her hair, frantically patting it in hopes of putting out the fire. "I don't know how he did it."

Finding a hose, Catina opened the pipe and aimed the hose at Catrina, drenching her in water, unfortunately the fire persisted.

"What was that for?!" Catrina shouted in anger.

"I was just trying to help!" Catina shouted in frustration, tears pooling her eyes.

Seeing her sister about to cry, Catrina glanced around the garden, "Where are the maids?"

"We sent them out earlier remember?" Catina said timidly. 

"Ugh!" Frustrated with the situation, Catrina shook her head angrily causing sparks to fall onto the garden bed.

"My flowers!" Catina cried out in horror as a tiny flame landed on her garden bed setting it on fire.

"I'm sorry!" Catrina exclaimed.

"What's going on here?" Logan questioned as he came running into the garden.

Seeing the scene before him Logan immediately put out the fire on Catrina's head while the few maids that followed behind him tried to save Catina's flower bed.

Feeling a need to defend herself, Catrina began to explain what happened.

"I told you to control that attitude of yours Catrina." Logan said sternly. He knew how hard it was as a fire elemental to control your emotions. 

Catrina lowered her head in silence.

Logan sighed before turning to Catina, "Are you alright?"

Catina nodded her head but didn't speak, she was a little shaken up by what just happened.

"You two should take a bath, we'll talk about this later." Logan said, in his voice there was no room for argument.

Tiredly, Catrina and Catina followed behind the maids to their bath.