006. Family Business

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI WALKED INTO Braddock's early the next morning. The lights were switched off, signifying her sister nor brother had arrived there yet. She quickly went to the back, Dixon by her side, going to get changed. The uniform was a red tank top and she wore black jeans, covering her legs.

She sighed slightly before walking out and behind the counter, Dixon still following her. She hated being in the store alone. She always despised it. She loved working in the family's shop but she never like it when it was her who was the first in there.

She hopped up onto the counter, her phone in hand as she scrolled through her social media. She smiled at the video that she'd come across on Laura's account of little Nathaniel. The sound of the entrance opening made her jump and grab the closest weapon to her, which happened to be her father's shotgun he kept behind the register. She heard someone let out a high scream before realising who it was.

"Remind me not to sneak up on you next time." Joe told her as he hopped onto the counter beside her. He was quiet...too quiet, Gemini thought.

She tapped Joe on the arm as he turned to her. "What's wrong?" She signed but he only shook his head.

"It just seems like...whenever I try to do something right for Becky, something immediately sends me flying backwards into the place I was before." He held his head in his hands. "I feel like I'm failing her. I need to get the custody for her, she hates living with her mum." He looked back to Gemini. "What can I do Gem?" He asked.

"First off...stop saying you're doing everything wrong, you're doing everything you can to make sure that little girl has a childhood that's worth it. She's not going to see you as if you failed her, she'll see as her idol, her hero who's trying his hardest to get custody whilst juggling two jobs. You're a brilliant dad Joe. I mean you asked me to help you decorate her room, you'll win this fight." She comforted him. "Now go get ready for work. Therapy's over."

Joe smiled before pulling Gemini into a side hug. "Thank you Gem." She nodded to him as Nate walked through the door.

"She won't be back for a while." Gemini sighed, but nodded. "Let's get started with the day bitches."

Gemini laughed before she made her way to the door and flipped the sign on it to open. Gemini went behind the counter and pulled up her stool. This was going to be a long time.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini rolled her eyes to the back of skull before returning them to their original position. She'd been working for hours and many of the customers had accused her of being rude because she didn't speak. 'I should just get a sign when I'm on register saying, I can't talk but I can sign, if you don't like that, tough I can't stop it.' She thought. 'Ignorant bastards.'

She flipped the sign from OPEN to CLOSED as she looked around the store. Nate was still in the back. Joe had left to continue the battle for Becky. She whistled through to the back to tell them she was going as she grabbed Dixon's lead and they left.

It was dark in the streets, the only light being from the street lights and the buildings surrounding Gemini. She knew that her work day wasn't over as she entered The Raven. She sighed with relief as she noticed Taury behind the bar. She had her chin in her palm, looking bored.

Gemini joined her. "Hey." She greeted the blonde girl who smiled at her.

"Thank fuck you're here. Candy is driving insane." She signed quickly making Gemini laugh.

"I'm here now, no need to worry." She explained and Taury nodded. "Any news?" She asked just to see her best friend's face fall. "He'll be okay." She comforted.

Taury nodded. "So what's on tonight?" She asked. "Crazy quiz? Half-price drinks?" The youngest Braddock smirked at her best friend before pointing to the girl's favourite thing. Taury laughed happily. "Oh, yeah baby. Karaoke." She shouted. Gemini knew how much her friend loved karaoke, she was glad this would be the thing to take her mind off of her brother.

Gemini could tell as Taury practically ran for the machine, that it was going to be a entertaining night in The Raven.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Sorry for disappearing from this story for a little bit

But I'm back😊

Kayla Lou xxx