Chapter Thirteen | First World

[ 13 ]

Crunch

Most distinguish a poison by two things, a toxin or from-

Crunch

- a venom. Toxins are poisons produced by organisms in nature, and venom are toxins inj-

Crunch

-ected by a bite or sting, exclusive to animals. The difference between venom and other poisons is the delivery method.

Crunch

ShuNing slammed both his hands on the desk in front of him, whirling his attention round to the other body in the room. The previously elegant stranger who he thought was a silent, ethereal mystery, now lay reclined on one of the sofas within the library- eating ShuNing's sweet biscuits that Mianmian had prepared for him earlier that morning.

Hearing the sudden sound, ZhangFeng looked over. He had long since taken the younger man's sweeties hostage, chomping on them happily as ShuNing flicked through the thick books that the other had provided him. The room had been relatively silent, torturously so, as a few hours swept by, but ShuNing knew the distinct sound of his favourite beverage, right down to the crumbly crunch, but he wasn't the one enjoying it.

He had feigned ignorance for so long, trying to maintain his generous-hearted image in front of the distinguished individual, but ShuNing was becoming bitter as his stomach began to rumble.

Though, after hitting the desk, he paused. His furrowed expression lightened when he realised that he was scowling at his golden-ticket. Gulping down the sour words that threatened to overflow, shoulders slumped, he turned back to the aged-pages of the book in front of him.

The devastatingly handsome man caught the expression loud and clear. In fact, he was waiting for it. Behind ShuNing, he heard the telltale sounds of the man getting up. Though he was paying acute attention, ShuNing gave a convincing image of someone deeply gripped by the book he was reading.

"Did you wish to saying something to me?" ZhangFeng enquired, his honeyed voice close to ShuNing's ear. The younger man willed himself to remain focused, but as a deep blue strand of hair fell over his shoulder his body tensed.

The man's larger form emanated warmth, especially when practically encasing his much smaller, lithe one. ZhangFeng also carried the light scent of incense that ShuNing couldn't place. But he liked it.

As his thoughts became scrambled, his chest tightening as his imagination went rampant, he quickly wondered how he should respo-

Crunch

And this time, crumbs landed on the table. ShuNing snapped.

Shooting up from his seat, ShuNing spun around to see the man had already bounced back with a pleased expression. "Do you mind? Not only are they my biscuits, I am trying to find something that will literally save my life." He screeched, his words carrying an echo throughout the empty library.

ZhangFeng's lips curled up into a satisfied grin. Such a dirty expression before now wouldn't have fitted his image in the slightest, but as it seemed natural, ShuNing had to wonder if this man's personality was a tad more complex than he originally suspected.

"Now where did that innocent little sweet-talker disappear off to?"

ShuNing's brows pinched together. "Probably in the direction of where the beautifully elegant, sophisticated individual went." He mumbled.

"Fortunately for you, I'm still all of those things."

"Beautifully elegant doesn't work with gluttonous."