15

Jia sat on Jin's lap, wearing nothing but her lacy white underwear and one of his t-shirts, which came down to her mid thighs. She kissed him gently, his hands holding the small of her waist as she knotted her fingers in his hair.

Jin pulled away for a moment, pushing Jia's long hair away from her face as he admired her for a moment, sighing softly at the sight before him.

She traced his jawline with her finger, satisfied as she noticed the marks on his neck she'd created when they had made love earlier, their colours only deepening with time.

He looked her up and down, hands moving down to rest on her hips.
"You're so beautiful."

She froze.

Kayu always tells me that.

She got off of Jin and sighed, suddenly agitated.

"Jia?" He asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

She shook him off. "No, not really—"

"What's wrong, then? Is it what was wrong at breakfast this morning? What's gotten into you?"

"I'm just..." Thinking about her.

"Just what, Jia?" His expression softened as he saw tears well up in her eyes, and he wrapped his arms around her. "It's alright, but there's no use in you bottling it up."

"It's nothing, I just get a little anxious sometimes," She giggled when he gave her an unsatisfied look. "Really, you don't have to worry, Jin."

"Okay," He sat back down on the couch and patted the cushion next to him. "Come on, let's watch something."

"Like what?"

"I don't know," He laughed, pulling the blankets over them, Jia's head on his shoulder. "Train To Busan?"

"That movie is shit." She chortled.

"I know," He grinned. "I don't think I'll pay attention to the movie, though."

She sat up to straddle him again, and put her forehead to his, taking a hold of his wrists and placing his hands on her hips.

"You're smooth, Kim Seokjin."

"Smooth enough to pick up Byun Jia?" He asked playfully.

She bit her lip. Not quite.

~

Kayu put her hair up in a bun and stepped into the bath, the warmth of the water greeting her cold, sore body as she lowered herself into the tub. She'd always been envious of the size of Tae's bathroom, and finally, after a long day, she let herself completely relax in one of the rarest situations possible in the modern world: lying in a relatively large bathtub in a metropolitan apartment.

It's really nice, but Jia's bathtub is better. Kayu found herself thinking of the younger girl again and immediately tried to shake it out of her head.

No, she scolded herself. You're with Tae now. You need to break it off.

But there lied the issue; she didn't want to end things with Jia. She loved her so much, was so fond of her, but was afraid that it was never reciprocated.

Being hurt in the past, Kayu had put up protective barriers, acting dominant and tardy in every relationship to avoid another broken heart. She found safety in assuming that Jia never wanted to be more than friends with benefits, and saw nothing but rejection if she dared to mention anything further.

Even if Jia did feel the same, Taehyung loved Kayu, and she admired him for taking her barriers down just enough to show that he adored her. This gave her particularly strong reassurance that their partnership could last quite a long time, although she didn't really want to marry Tae. He said he wanted four or five kids in the not-too-distant future, and Kayu had always disliked the idea of a family.