Chapter 4

I was listening to this song this song while writing. It don't really match the mood but Enjoy y'all😊 lmfao.
***
Cassie Davis
It was finally the end of the day. Lisa and I were on our way to the gym. She was dropping me off to cheerleading practice then she was going home.

For some reason, Mickel never wanted to drop me off at the end of the day. I didn't mind because I either had Lisa or Harper. But I would've liked to spend the last few moments of my school day with him.

"Alright girl, here's your stop." Lisa sighed as we approached the gym doors.

"Alright, I'll call to you later." I smiled, giving my best friend a hug.

"Alright girl. Talk to you later." She smiled, leaving the building through the back entrance.

I got a glimpse of the school parking lot where everyone hung out after school. I could've swore I saw Mickel. But by the time I went to get a second look, the doors shut closed.

I took a deep breath. I was just being paranoid. I knew Mickel was on his way home like he said he was.

I opened the gym door. All I heard were basketballs and squeaking sneakers on the gym floors.

"Fuck!" I whispered to myself.

I completely forgot there were boys basketball tryouts today. This meant the cheerleaders had to practice on the other side of the gym.

I walked down the stairs and on to the gym floor. I nervously passed all of the boys who stopped and stared at me.

I immediately saw Harpers face, running towards her.

"Girl I forgot these niggas were gonna be in here." I chuckled.

"Trust me. I didn't." She said, staring past me.

I glanced back at what she was staring at.

AGAIN, for the third time I saw the familiar looking boy again. He was stretching and warming up for tryouts.

"Oh my gosh Harper. That's the boy I keep seeing all day!" I whispered.

"Same." She sighed.

"I had to walk him to his first period class, we saw him at lunch, and he's in my history class." She explained.

"I promised myself I would go and talk to him. He looks too familiar sis." I said.

"I wouldn't. He seems weird. He keeps coming on to me. Ugh. So annoying." she scoffed.

"Wait? Really?" I asked in confusion, looking over at him again.

"Yeah. I mean, I'm kind of warming up to him. I didn't like him at first. But now I could see us talking." She shrugged.

This time he stared back. Our eyes were glued to each other's. It wasn't awkward at all. It felt as if by staring, I would figure out who he was.

"You know what Harper. I'm gonna go talk to him now." I said, putting my mini Tommy Hilfiger duffle bag down.

Before Harper could say anything, I marched towards the boy. We were now face-to-face.

"Hi I'm Cassie." I smiled. What's your name?"

 What's your name?"