Chapter Three

"Must I wear this guise?" Asmodeus moaned, picking at her dress. It was floral, and baggy enough to cover the demons wings and tail. She was picking her way downstairs, behind Daisy, the noise TV still rendering Daisy's family oblivious to the gateway to hell that had been opened in their attic. Daisy spun, and glared at Asmodeus.

"Yes. Shut up." She hissed. Asmodeus rolled her eyes, and kept walking. She paused outside Daisy's brothers' room, and shuddered. It was a mess of schoolbooks, lego, and clothes.

"Thank you for persuading me away from that...pubescent flesh-sack." She said. Daisy turned again.

"That's my brother!"

"I'm aware of your predicament."

Daisy kept walking, along the hall and into her own room. It wasn't clean, but it wasn't as gross as her brothers. Incarus picked up a pair of underpants, and sniffed them. Daisy pulled them away and shoved them into her wash-basket, pushing some of her clothes under her bed - mainly baggy, black, shirts and jeans. Incarus watched her.

"How...drab those rags are. You really feel the need to cover yourself up every day?" She asked, disdainful.

"I mean, yeah."  Daisy plugged her laptop in and stacked a couple of dishes. "You kind of have to."

"Why? Surely you find other people's bodies fascinating, that's why Incubi are so loved. I cannot personally see the appeal of humans, or for what you need us ."

Daisy popped a stick of gum in her mouth. "You mean sex."

"Yes." Incarus shifted a shirt towards her. "You missed this."

"Honestly, I can't see the appeal either. Why would you want to - put that down!"

Asmodeus dropped her diary as though she'd been hit. "What is that?"

"It's nothing." Daisy knew that she was almost as red as Asmodeus. "I can control you, right?"

Asmodeus bit her lip and stared at Daisy.

"Tell me!"

Her face went white, and her cheeks bulged. Under her dress, Asmodeus' muscles were tense. "Alright fine!" She spat, panting. "You can control me! The longer I stay here, the more under your sway I become! That's why we don't like to visit the same person more than once."

"Ha!" Daisy punched the air. "A super-powerful demon, at my control! This is better than your job, right?"

Asmodeus rolled her eyes and sat down, crossing her legs and staring at the ceiling. "Depends who you ask, mortal."

Daisy smirked. "You're mine, bitch."