Chapter Fourteen| They're attached like damn glue

"You were spending hours at the place where we met,

Thinking someone else would make you feel like I did,

And all your little posts tryna make me regret,
They're just a distraction till you

call me again"

-Alex Aiono

Status: unedited

"You look beautiful," Shawn complimented me, taking his attention off the road and turning to me, something he's been doing a lot since I got in the car.

I looked down at my hands, placed on my lap, attempting to hide the smile on my face, "Thank you,"

He grinned in response, turning his attention back to driving.

As always, I starred out of the window, directing my attention the scenery flying by.

The emerald green trees turning into a blur as Shawn increased his speed, the other cars surrounding us seeming to look like flashes of colours zooming past.

"Can you tell me where we're going yet?" I nudged him, grinning.

Thankfully, my nerves completely subsided as soon as I hopped in the car. Seeing his cheesy grin and that stupid little dimple in his left cheek instantly made me feel warm and fuzzy inside rather than queasy and nauseous,

"No way," He chuckled, shaking his head with amusement as he turned the volume up on the radio, the song which had been a quiet hum in the background was now much more hearable.

Baby, any time you're ready

I'm waitin'

Even ten years from now

If you haven't found somebody

I promise, I'll be around

Tell me when you're ready

I'm waitin'

I hummed to the song, it was one of my favourites and by the gentle singing Shawn was doing, it seemed to be one of his too.

I watched him carefully in the corner of my eye as he tapped his fingers against the leather steering wheel to the beat of the song, his mouth releasing each word in sync with the actual singer.

"And if I have to, I'll wait forever. Say the word and I'll change my plans. Yeah, you know that we fit together," He sung quietly, though not quiet enough that I couldn't hear.

I could hear, and he sounded amazing, his voice was. . .Amazing. It was so unique, so raspy yet so calming and sweet. He could sing.

Suddenly he stopped singing and turned to me, a shy smile present on his lips, "What?"