"You're more than that and you know it."

hi i didn't proofread 

//

Asking Camila out seemed like a really good idea up until you realized you had absolutely no idea where to take her for said date. It dawns on you that you're not sure how to date.

The last serious romantic anything you had was in high school since college hasn't been much more than gay flings and exam stress. So you seek advice and it doesn't take long to prove that Vero probably wasn't the best choice.

To reiterate: Vero Iglesias is an awful friend.

The thought process was that she's in a loving and committed relationship, maybe she would have cute ideas for a date. Turns out she's just a little shit.

"You're sure this is a date right?" She starts off as she makes herself comfortable on your bed. "Like you're not just going to hang out with her as her cool and hot college friend?"

"Fuck you, Vero. She explicitly said she wanted to go on a date with me. Just fucking help me figure something out, I don't want to do something basic for her," you retort as you lay on the floor.

"Alright well the vein in your forehead is popping out so maybe take a breath." There are a few moments where she seems contemplative before speaking again.

"Hm, maybe you could...Oh! You could go to the batting cages, show off your swing! Oh fuck, do you think that'll be a little triggering for her?"

Vero makes a show of concentrating and you disrupt her act by throwing a pillow at her head.

"Ow! I guess your swing isn't what she needs to worry about..." she whines.

"Oh did that hurt?" you feign concern.

"Yes."

"Good! I invited you over to help not to patronize me. Why do I even tell you anything?"

"Well telling Lucy would be a little uncouth. A little salt in the wound type of thing."

Sitting up, you look at her with slight desperation. "She said she was okay with this!"

"And she is," Vero reassures you. "But you know, courtesy and all that to not flaunt your date in front of her. It was just a shallow crush for her, you're like...all sappy and in your feelings."

"I'm not in my feelings! I just, y'know, care about impressing her." You will the niggling guilt of the Lucy situation to the back of your mind because she promised it was okay.

Vero leans over the edge of the bed to give you a look full of doubt and impatience. You give her the middle finger before speaking again.

"Are you going to be any help or not? I'd like to be able to take her out while she's still in one piece," you grumble while Vero laughs at your pain.

"Well what were your first thoughts?"

"I don't know, maybe dinner?"

"You two always have dinner together. But think about what's gonna make this dinner a date?"

"We'll dress nice?" You suggest feebly but you're met with a pointed look.

"Her ankle is still swollen so maybe think a little more casual. Why don't you cook for her? I hear that's romantic and relatively safe."

"Josephina does all the cooking for you though," you're quick to point out.

"And I find it very romantic!" she huffs in response. "You gonna be like this with the rest of my ideas?"

"I'm sorry! I just want it to be good and not traumatic for one of us. I've already almost assaulted her and then sprained her ankle. I don't want anything to go wrong and I don't even have anything planned for tomorrow. Oh my god Vero it's tomorrow and I have nothing planned!" You jolt upright from your spot on the floor as panic floods your voice.