Chapter 8

"Alright, we gotta find a place to sleep tonight." Nathaniel noted as he glanced out the window. It was almost eleven o' clock, which means we've been driving for four hours. My eyelids noticeable fluttered shut as I struggled to find a hotel.

"Hotel, or motel?" I asked.

He cringed. "Hotel. You couldn't pay me to sleep in a motel."

I should've known. ""Pretty boy." I muttered.

"Are you naturally mean, or do you try really hard?"

I ignored him and pointed. "There's a hotel."

He parked the car and we went inside. The lady behind the desk had perfect hair; it was slicked back tightly in a bun. She smiled as she saw us.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

I smiled, and politely said. "We'd like two rooms, please."

Nathaniel tugged at my arm and whispered in my ear. "We should probably get one room-"

"Not a chance, bucko." I turned back to the lady, but he grabbed me again.

"Lindsey." That's the first time he's actually said my name. "We won't have any more money left."

"Then we'll sleep in the car."

She typed very fast on her keyboard, pausing and biting her lip. "I'm sorry, but we only have one available room."

I stared at her. 

Nathaniel stared at her aswell. 

We exchanged a glance 

The room was nice and it had two big beds appropriately spaced from each other. A flat screen TV was placed on the wall in front, a mirror on the side, and a nightstand separating the beds.

I wandered into the bathroom and flicked on the light switched. With marble sinks and a marble shower, I nodded in enjoyment. Fresh, white towels were folded neatly on the sink.

I walked back into the room and crossed my arms toward his lounged figure."I want that bed."

He smirked. "Not a chance, sweetheart."

I grumbled, plopped down my bag on the right bed. "Fine, but you should know that the only reason why I'm not putting up a fight, is one," I held up a finger," you're too heavy."

He raised an eyebrow. "I'm not fat."

"And two," I held up a another finger,"because you're so close to the door, you'd be kidnapped or killed first." I shrugged. "At least I'd have time to escape."

He let his mouth drop open.

Within in minutes, the lights were off and it was silent.

~~~~~~~~

"Nathaniel." I angrily whispered. "Nathaniel!" He was snoring so loud, I'm surprised half of Mexico hadn't crumbled away due to an unlikely earthquake.

I checked the bedside clock and it read 2:00 am.

I groaned. Picking up a pillow, I flew it across the room and it hit him square in the face. The snoring stopped for a milli second and then it continued like nothing had happened. This was not happening.

I quietly got up and went to the bathroom. On my way, I grabbed the empty garbage pale. Without turning on the light, for fear of waking him up, I filled the small substitute for a bucket. It took awhile, because the sink and and the bucket obviously did not like eachother. The bucket was too big so I had to get a cup and fill it up that way.

After it was filled, I deviously picked it up with trembling arms and made my way to his bed. In one swift motion, I dumped it on his body.

I wish I would've thought to put it on video; it was that funny.

He jumped up, sputtering. "What the..?"

I laughed so hard.  His shirt clung to his body, showing his abs. His hair was dripping in water, and his face was a mixture of drowsiness and confusion.

He hadn't processed the situation yet which only made it funnier.

"Why," he took a breath, "would you do that?"

"You were snoring." I said in between my calming laughs.

He looked like I'd just told him his head was on fire. "And you couldn't wake me, oh I don't know, without water?"

Shrugging, I got back into bed.

"Night." I chirped.

~~~~~~~

I woke up with water being thrown into my face. I jumped up, spitting out the remaining bits of it that had leaked into my mouth. He was standing in front of me, holding my weapon I had used the night before.

"What is wrong with you?"

He shrugged. "You were snoring."

I rolled my eyes. He was mimicking me. "I don't snore."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know." I sputtered. 

He nodded sarcastically in an understanding way. "Right."

"I see that you're still damp." I observed, stepping around him to the bathroom.

"I see that you're still wet." He spit back.

After we were both ready, I told him I'd meet him at the car.

Nathaniel met me downstairs moments later without a look in my direction and walked out toward the car.

Oh, the manners.

I thanked the woman that for our room and returned the key.