hopefully

1151 words

Warnings: language, violence, sadness

As soon as Bucky's arm started twitching, I knew something was off.

Tony seemed to notice as well, I figured as I saw him sprinting out of the elevator and into his and Bruce's lab. Buck and I follow him to see if he can get a read on the situation.

"JARVIS, scan all surrounding airspace." I hear him bark at the AI as we briskly walk into the lab. Tony sees me and instantly his face is relieved.

"(Y/n), good timing. Sense anything?"

*Freeze Frame*

*Record Scratch*

Now you're probably wondering what he means by "sense". You see, I was experimented on by HYDRA around the same time Bucky was, and they gave me some pretty wicked powers. I have telekinesis, so that's how, if there was any danger, I would be able to sense it. Pretty sick right?

*UNPAUSE*

I reach into the air around me with my mind, like an invisible hand groping through everything. I hit something and go to investigate, but a loud screeching noise echoes through my head and snaps me out of my search. It seems to cancel out my powers and all ability to think straight.

My head throbs from the sound and I crumple to the ground clutching my ears. Bucky rushes over to me, but his arm starts to spasm uncontrollably. I faintly hear Tony's voice shout for the other Avengers over the sound of a high pitched scream.

My high pitched scream, I realize as my voice suddenly becomes hoarse. Some feet I barely hear run over to me, placing hands I barely feel on my shoulders. I can sense the panic they feel.

Yet, as quickly as the screeching started it stops, giving me back my powers with it. My eyes snap open with a realization. Only one person, or persons know mine and Buckys weaknesses. I spin around and come face to face with all the Avengers. My voice a scratchy whisper, I fill them in on my information.

"HYDRAs coming."

<~>

The second after I croak those two words out, all hell breaks loose.

Windows shatter, people are ducking, gunshots are ringing throughout the room. Steve sprints out of the room, followed by Bucky and Tony, who grabs my hand and drags me along. Bruce had hulked out as soon as I said HYDRA, and Thor, Nat and Clint all decided to fight the steady stream of people coming in through the windows.

Steve sharply turns corners left and right, and then throws himself into a room. The weapons room. Smart man.

He throws a SPAS-12 my way and a .44 Magnum at Bucky. Tony's already suited up in full Iron Man getup, and Steve has his trusty shield.

A hard bang on the door makes me jump, followed by multiple others. Someone's clearly trying to get in.

"They could at least knock first." I mumble.

"I'm going to kick the door down," Steve says. "(Y/n) and Tony, go left and keep running. Try to find where all these people are coming from. Bucky and I will keep whoever is on the other side of this door at bay."

I take a quick glance at Bucky and can see in his eyes that he wants to stay with me. I give him a reassuring look, and it seems so ease him a little. We had a lot of time to bond since we were taken to the same HYDRA base. Let's just say we became very familiar with each other's screams.

"Three, two, one!" Steve shouts and busts down the door. Bullets ricochet around the room and Tony picks me up and flies us down the hallway. I snipe down any agents that we encounter. Everything seems to be going perfectly peachy. That's when I should have suspected something was going to happen, but the adrenaline must have clouded my mind.

A huge bang throws me out of Tony's arms and send me flying. I crash into a wall and hit my head. Hard. I can feel hot blood in a sticky, steady stream down my face, but I pay no attention. A man is walking towards me, gun cocked. I mentally reach for my telekinesis, but something he has on him seems to be cancelling out my powers.

Shit.

I quickly pull out mine and fire three times, but he shows to sign of slowing.

Jumping up I go to punch him but he stops my hand right before it connects with his face and twists my whole body around, pinning me to the wall. I wrench my arm away and pull out the blade I always keep handy in my boot. I go to slash at his neck but he ducks back, bending at an angle that seems physically unachieveable.

The man pops back up and shoots me in the leg twice, making me collapse. I go to reach for my gun, but my arm isn't long enough.

Where the fuck is Tony?

The man kicks my side and I curl up into a bleeding, painful ball. I hear the click of a gun and accept death. Accept that I'll never see my best friends Steve and Bucky ever again, accept that I'll never move forward romantically with Tony, ever.

Even though that was probably never going to happen, but a girl can dream right?

I shut my eyes tight, still curled up in my own pool of blood. If this man doesn't kill me, blood loss definitely will.

Hopefully it'll be over quickly.

Hopefully it'll be painless.

Hopefully...

<~>

My eyes open to blinding white lights and a fat, heavy thing lying on my arm. I painfully roll my head to the side and see that my heavy fat arm weight is Tony.

Grinning, I flop my arm, jolting him awake. Tony's mouth drops at the sight of me awake, and his eyes brim over with tears.

"I thought I lost you." He whispers, and tries to swallow the lump in his throat. I cup the side of his face.

"It's going to take more than a bit of blood loss for you to lose me, Stark." I giggle, but his face stays solemn.

"It would've been all my fault. I couldn't find you. After the explosion part of a wall collapsed and blocked my only way of getting out. I would've blasted through it but the suit was broken." He chokes out.

Tears are now streaming down his face.

"All I could think about was how I would never get to see you again, never get to tell you that I'm in love with you."

I gape at him.

"Wh-what?"

"I'm in love with you."

Tony stares directly into my eyes, unwavering. In a burst of courage I lean forward and kiss him.

"I have a secret." I whisper.

"Mm? And what would that be?" His signature smirk is plastered back on his face.

"I love you too."