The Nice Guy (part2)

The Nice Guy (part 2)

"As she recovered from her fall, she told me that she could clearly hear the manager pleading for his life. She distinctly heard, 'Please! Don't! I'll Do anything you want!' And then, a familiar calm and soothing voice came from behind the door, 'Anything I can do to help!' Sally pounced for the door, but it was locked, she tried to look through the window, but the blinds were mostly drawn so she only see the flailing of arms and legs. Sally kicked at the door repeatedly and shouted, 'SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!' But it was too late. As soon as the commotion ceased from inside the office, Sally heard the knob click to signal that it had been unlocked. With tears in her eyes she slowly reached for the knob and opened to door to reveal a gruesome scene."

"The manager, splayed open from his throat to his pelvis, rib cage and organs exposed. His hands twisted into contorted knots of flesh and knuckle. His face, warped into an expression of unrelenting anguish and fear, eyes wide, jaw locked nose broken and twisted. In his left hand, its last cadence drawing to a close, was the manager's own heart. Sally and some of the onlookers who had finally gained access to the room then looked up to see the following message scrawled on the bare dingily yellow office wall, 'We were wrong. He had a heart after all.'"

"Jesus!" Thomas had to hold back the vomit by covering his mouth.

"After that, CompuTools shut down that office, I think they turned it into a… a MegaBuy." Frank finished his tale with a solemn sip of coffee.

Thomas rubbed his eyes, "Whoa! Wait a minute. What ever happened to Phil?"

"This is when I've supposed to say 'That's the strange thing…' but it's not really that strange. When they finally opened up the office, the only person in there was the manager. Sally even said she never actually saw Phil, she only heard his voice… or at least what sounded like his voice. And he hasn't beennseen since."

"That story's completely bullshit!" Kirby exclaimed. Frank and Thomas spun around to glare at Kirby for breaking the mood.

"What," Thomas inquired "Like you know exactly what happened."

"I just know that that's not how it happened." Kirby calmly stated as he adjusted his horn rimmed glasses.

"OK, hotshot. How do you know?" Frank jested

"Because…" Kirby leaned in close. Frank and Thomas match Kirby's movement. "the hospital doesn't know I'm gone, yet." Just then, Kirby's manager leans into the break room.

"Hey Kirb, I need you to do something for me."

"Sure thing, boss."

As Kirby stands up to leave the now still break room, Frank and Thomas glance down at Kirby's security badge for his full name, Kirby Phillips.

An: Damn this story really getting into my skin