2.2 The Town Of Qian

The Town of Qian has this medievalist theme. The residential area have houses made up from red bricks, pinnacles atop and pointed spires, clustered columns, and huge houses with windows containing stained glasses. There are pared walls supported with flying buttresses, metal pointed gates, and backyards filled with geraniums and tulips.

The market district is no where left behind. Shops with glass walls opened left and right, products displayed showcasing the finest of the brands. Restaurants and pub houses are also decorated with red wood, colorful paintings hung on the walls, with criss crossed windows planted with creeping plants. There are also smaller shops that sell the basic necessities, and some peddlers spreading out mats ready for day trading.

The merchants have their own position in the town, mostly to the central part of the market district. From here, goods from outside the capital can be bought with prices relatively sky high. One reason is due to the high quality product and the rarity of the object. Merchants mostly sell high level medicine and herbs, rare meat from wild beasts, weapons forged by the best blacksmiths, and fabrics from the other country. Though, the prices can still be negotiated.

Second reason is due to the high toll fee. The merchants have to pay in gold in each of their baggage, almost depleting their profit from selling. That's why to those who can't afford to buy a cart and travel would use the guild to have adventurers collect their things. It's easier and cost efficient, they also don't have to worry about being cornered by bandits.

The eyes of the people are focused on a certain young man who is currently walking on the streets with his horse while listening to a younger man on his side. The younger man would often point some places, here and there, and would return to look at the man with a smile. The young man will nod, giving off an elegant allure that made every girl's heart squeal.

Shen Qi expertly explained the rough map of the capital and so as the main spots where most of the tourists would want to stay. He pointed the inns with the best commodities, theater houses where famous stars would often perform a show, the part of the market where anyone can buy the cheapest price without sacrificing the quality, bath houses, and tailor shops. Now, he's pointing towards a building that is currently wafting a good smell.

"This restaurant is owned by Mister Qiu Jiangou. Not only did they have the best braised pork and chicken and egg congee in the town, but also they offer cheap rooms for only ten copper coins for a week. Though the food is not free, it's not expensive either. You only have to pay one silver coin for one week to have three meals per day."

Shen Qi looks at the gallant horse Lang Yuan is holding.

"They also have stables for horses. Don't worry, it's free. But you have to pay for the caretaker. A copper coin for a day, seven copper coins for a week."

Lang Yuan touched his chin and thought that it's a good deal. Not only did he have a stable for his horse, he can also have a meal inside. The other inns offer food and lodgings but the prices didn't really satisfy him. One gold coin a week with three meals per day, with no stables for cattles, and he have to pay for an additional if the food is not enough.

"Ten copper coins plus seven, and a silver coin..." Lang Yuan muttered. "It's a good deal."

Shen Qi's eyes shone : "Would the young master wanted to inquire inside?"

"Mnn." Lang Yuan nodded.

The younger boy enthusiastically ran towards the restaurant to have a reservation. Lang Yuan slowly followed, softly tugging the horse to follow. He noticed the stares of the people around him that made him nervous.

Wh-why are they looking at him? Is there a dirt on his face?

Lang Yuan is rather walking very slowly that Shen Qi needed to come back to see if the young master is still following him. The elegant figure of the young man shone amongst the crowd, his eyes looking crimson with a faint smile on the lips. Shen Qi can't help but to be start struck!