Or have I just really misread everything?

I paced the length of my bedroom with Chris perched on the edge of my bed. My legs felt weak as I moved but I couldn't bare to sit down.

"And you're sure nobody saw him?" I questioned for the seventh time.

"Kid-"

"Nope."

"Carter, I promise you, nobody saw Greg at the drug store buying pregnancy tests. And even if they did, nobody knows who my assistant is so they wouldn't care." He said comfortingly as he looking at me with a sympathetic smile.

"Nobody knows?" I asked, still not pausing from the repetitive action. "I couldn't deal with it if the world found out before Tom." I mumbled, biting at the skin on my thumb.

"I didn't tell anybody and Greg was discreet. You need to cam down, stressing really won't help." He breathed, standing up and walking over to me. Chris placed his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"This is the longest three minutes of my life." I said with a heavy exhale. "How long has it been?" I looked at Chris with wide eyes, hoping the timer was almost done.

"90 seconds."

"Damn."

"Carter, listen to me. Whatever that pee stick says, it'll be okay. You have so many people who love and support you. Not to mention Tom, who'd move heaven and earth for you." His arms wrapped around me and pulled me into a hug, my shaking body resting all my weight on his chest.

"You're right." I breathed.

"I know." I pushed away from him and ran my hands through my hair. My fingers tugged at the roots, but stopped once my engagement ring tangled on a strand.

"I'm freaking out right now, Chris. These jokes aren't helping. Can you please-"

"Darling, we're back!" My movements were halted at my fiancé's voice walking through the front door. I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. "Love?!"

"Upstairs!" Chris yelled. My eyes widened so much I thought they'd pop out of my head. I hit his chest repeatedly, swatting at his arms before running into the bathroom and hiding the stick in the cabinet.

"You idiot!" I hissed quietly, shutting the bathroom door behind me just in time for Tom and Harrison to walk into the bedroom.

"What're you doing up here?" He asked with a smile, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug. He pressed a kiss to my forehead before resting it on my shoulder.

"I was showing Chris that new shirt I brought. He wasn't interested though." I pecked his lips quickly before pulling away and bringing my hands to my hair.

The chiming of my brother's timer went off, making it feel like my heart stopped beating in my chest.

"What's that?" Harrison asked, cocking and eyebrow.

"Oh, Uh - Chris has a call to make. Australian time zones and all." I rushed. "I'll meet you guys downstairs, okay?"

I didn't wait for a reply before walking away from the guys and heading straight into the bathroom and leaning against the door for a moment.

"What's up with her?" I heard Harrison ask.

"Not sure, maybe her lady days." I could hear the cringe in Tom's tone and knew his nose had crinkled up.

"She's most definitely not." Chris mumbled though there was a hint of laughter.

"Chris!"

"Maybe we should head downstairs, I think my sister wants to be alone." I let out a heavy exhale when I heard the boys walk out of the bedroom and shut the door.