twenty three.

"When you are guilty, it is not
your sins you hate but yourself."
— Anothony de Mello

Taehyung POV

It was like watching a pendulum. Just the back and forth motion that emitted stress and worry pouring off in waves from the blonde.

Jimin had abandoned his phone on the couch when he got no texts back and forgotten about the movie we were watching even longer before that happened.

"Please sit down you're stressing me out." I sighed, it was the hundredth time I've asked him by now.

Instead he just ran his hands through his hair and walked off to the kitchen with the tie hanging limply around his neck.

Jimin came back with a juice box and sat down on the recliner seat, "This sucks." he just muttered, sipping quietly with both hands wrapped around the juice.

"Having boyfriend withdrawals?" I laughed lightly, "Can't relate."

There was a scoff and I glanced over at my friend, his hair shaking along with his head, "You could if you weren't such a pussy."

That earned him a pillow thrown at his little worried looking face.

"Yoongi is an adult he doesn't have to text you back every second you feel like whining." I rolled my eyes and focused back on the movie. There was some woman crying now in the film and I missed what happened. So annoying. Jimin huffed and I could see him crossing his arms in my peripheral vision.

We sat in a silence, only the voices from the movie being heard which was already set to a low level by this time of night.

It wasn't until the sound of a door being unlocked that either of us made a move to get off the couch. It was Jimin.

He had jumped up a second after the door was pushed open and a familiar mess of hair came walking in. The juice box abandoned next to the phone from before. "Yoongi!" he smiled.

The blonde got halfway to the other boy with his arms almost raised to greet him with a usual hug, but Yoongi turned to walk to the kitchen.

Suddenly the movie wasn't as interesting and the normally quiet boy who seemed even more shut off had caught my attention.

"Yoongi?" Jimin repeated, arms falling to his sides. He was standing there by the coffee table, not even moving to get any closer to his boyfriend.

I sat forward and rested my elbows on my knees, my hand wanted to reach for the remote to pause the movie as the atmosphere shifted to one more tense.

Yoongi came walking out from around the counter with a water in his hand, "You didn't answer any of my texts." Jimin said. It was more of a statement than a question.

"I got busy." he shrugged.

I could see the deep breath that Jimin took, his chest raising and falling with whatever emotion was being pumped throughout that small body. I suddenly wanted to leave and not be involved with whatever was about to happen.

"What were you busy with?" Jimin asked, with an obvious hint to the need for more questions to be asked.

Yoongi leaned against the counter, facing the two of us with his water loosely in his hands,
"I went to that comedy show I had tickets for." He had the calmest expression that gave me goosebumps and the one staring back at him from the blonde was full of confusion and even more stress than from before.