Chapter Ten

Renata, while still quite confused with the situation, did what the instructions ordered her to do, heading to the park where she had first originally met James and Harry, along with Sirius

Renata, while still quite confused with the situation, did what the instructions ordered her to do, heading to the park where she had first originally met James and Harry, along with Sirius. Thinking back to that day where she had brought Enzo to the park in hopes of clearing her mind, it was after getting fired from another job. She believed she was downright cursed at the time, believing that it was impossible for her to keep a job. Then the whole entire situation fell into her lap, with Enzo chasing after Sirius in his animagus form. Just thinking about the whole ordeal brought her to life as she realised just how dysfunctional it had all been.

She remembered apologising to James as he worried that Enzo was going to try and attack Harry at the time and she had tried to establish that Enzo was actually extremely friendly, only to be bitten directly on the face. The sight of her own blood had caused her to faint, making the ordeal so much worse. And yet, despite all the madness that had taken place in such a short period of time, it had led to something amazing. Not only did she get to meet Harry, James, and Sirius, three people that were going to become intricate parts of her life, it started her on a journey of healing that she didn't even know she needed.

Getting the chance to play with Harry all day, she would have never guessed that it would lead to her becoming the boy's nanny, let alone his mother after a while. And spending time with James, she didn't think that it was going to turn into him becoming her employer and then so much more.

"It's funny how life turns out sometimes, isn't it, Harry?" she said as she carried Harry on her shoulders as they reached the park. "This is where I first met you."

Harry let out a tiny gasp, although Renata was convinced he didn't really understand what she was telling him at the time. But he proceeded to gasp and then place his hand on his chest before peering down at her.

"Me?"

Renata gave a shake of her head, internally laughing at how much of a dramatic influence Sirius had on people without realising. Between Harry and Adelmo picking up on the man's dramatic nature, Renata believed soon enough she was going to be dealing with three Sirius'.

Arriving at the park, Renata placed Harry down, having him walk beside her as they started exploring the area. She knew the next clue had to be somewhere but the park was quite large, where was she supposed to look first? Technically, the first place she had met James was during the scuffle between Enzo and Sirius, which was smack dab in the field. Did James really leave the next clue in the middle of the field? There were endless possibilities of something happening to it if he just left it out in the open.

Confused as she walked around in the dead grass that hadn't faired well due to the colder temperatures of the season, Renata didn't see anything. Harry probably didn't even know what they were even looking for and Renata couldn't give him any instruction so that he could help. After a little while, Renata felt like the answer was staring her in the face, but she just couldn't figure it out.