Chapter 15

Cleo's POV

 When we went to the moon pool last night, there was no one in there, or even on Mako. So we still can't figure out what Percy is hiding from us.

I'm currently in the cafe, drinking a smoothie and wondering if we should just stop trying to find out who Percy really is. He might even tell us if we build his trust enough, but I know the others will be extremely averse to the idea. I still know a little about him, but it isn't enough to satisfy me.

"So, where can we find this 'Perseus Jackson', Dr?" Someone says on a table behind me. I'm immediately intrigued. 

"I don't know. We'll have to just wait around for him to find us. We'll have to get to the bottom of this." A very familiar voice sounds. It couldn't be, could it?

"You mean the half his DNA missing thing?"

"Not so loud! People could hear us! But, yes, the DNA thing. We need to find out why it's missing, and how he's here if he's missing DNA. It shouldn't be scientifically possible."  What? Half of his DNA is missing? How is that possible? It can't be true!

"Cleo? Can I sit down?" Speak of the devil.

"Sure." I say.

"So, what's up? You look a little freaked." Realising how rude that must have sounded, he says, "I didn't mean it like that! Oh, I'm such a Seaweed brain! I'm just concerned and wondering what seems to be troubling you." 

He's being really nice again. Why is it impossible for me to dislike him? "I'm fine. But what about you? You've been avoiding us for the past couple of days." I say, changing the subject.

"Sorry, I've just had a couple of things to work out." He's almost about to leave it there, but then adds more, "I've got one thing to tell you tonight. Come to where it all started for you, and come alone." He says cryptically, and then walks out. Our conversation seemed to catch the attention of Dr Denman, but luckily Percy said the last part quietly, so they won't have heard it. Well, it seems as though the Dr has found her next test subject. I have to tell everyone else. We have to stop Percy from being taken by Dr Denman, even if we don't trust him. We don't trust her even more.

Dr Denman's POV (because, why not?)

When I saw a very handsome young man walk into the cafe, I was not expecting that to be Perseus Jackson. Not at all. He's definately an improvement from Lewis.

"Cleo? Can I sit down?" He says to the person stinging at the table in front of us. Cleo? The mermaid who gave up her powers to escape me? Well, this is going to get interesting. She must have heard us talking about him earlier. She's probably going to warn Perseus about us now, since he's most likely told her about him missing DNA.

"Sure." She says. He then proceeds to sit down and spark conversation with her. I can't catch all of it but what I can get is quite interesting, "freaked", "Seawdd brain", "fine", "avoiding, and "tonight" are the only words I can pick out. Perseus then walks out of the cafe, without even ordering a drink. I don't really know what to make from those few words of the conversation, so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to do something about it. Tonight is for doing my research on Perseus Jackson, and then tomorrow I'll advertise a job and hope he signs up for it, then I'll just get to find things out from there. I'll have another plan if he doesn't go for the job.

That night...

Percy's POV

I wait anxiously on the land part of the moon pool for Cleo. I can't believe I'm going to tell her about me being a merman. I want to tell her everything, but if she knew, that would just put her in danger, and I don't want that to happen. It would put everyone here in danger, including mom, Paul, and my new brother or sister, and the reason mom wanted to leave America was to get away from all the Gods and their problems, so leading the monsters here wouldn't be a good idea- she would never forgive me.

I hear the water move and wait to see Cleo surface, but it isn't her, it's Bella and Emma. They look equally as surprised to see me here as I am to see them.

"Percy? What are you doing here? Wait, you can see our tails! You weren't supposed to find out! How did you find this place?" They both ask.

"Don't worry, I'd already figured it out that the rest of you were mermaids too, Cleo's so close to you all that it's obvious that I wasn't the only one to know. You guys just kinda proved it." I say, making sure to defend Cleo so that they don't know she told me. There are so many secrets- it's turning into Pretty Little Liars, except the only little one is Neeks. "Well, I might as well tel you guys too since you're here as well."

"Tell us what?" Bella says.

"A secret that I was going to tell- well show Cleo tonight, alone, but now you're all here too, so the more the merrier, am I right?" They don't really answer me. We just wait in silence for Cleo to come.

"Percy?" Emma asks, "Can we tell Rikki what you've told us tonight?"

I pause to think for a moment, but then agree, "Sure, you were going to tell her anyway, no matter what I said, so it's better I just agree." Cleo swims in and notices Emma and Bella first, then me.

"Well, now you know about them too. Sorry I lied to you Percy." Cleo says, even though she didn't lie. "Are you going to tell them what you're telling me tonight as well?" She asks and I nod in agreement.

"Here we go," I say, and jup into the water, willing myself wet so I can turn. "So, I'm a merman."

They gape at me, mouths wide open. Should I have eased into that more?

"What?"

"Once you found out about us, how could you not say?" Cleo asks.

"How?" Bella questions.

"I think you know the answer to that one." I say.

And that's the end of this chapter! I was wondering who's POV you'd like to see. Any new? Or should I leave it to just Percy and the mermaids?

Follow my Wattpad Instagram

@elswattpad46

 for news on updates, sneak peeks, etc

Thanks for all the votes and comments so far, please keep them up! Until next time................................