46

The day Taehyung Left

He would have to leave.

Just like that. With no proper farewell. It's five in the morning and the sun's barely up yet. He promised he'd stop by Y/n's place but that idea fled when he got another call from his mother.

Taehyung was just about to enter the vehicle when he gets grabbed by the collar.

"You lied to her?" Disbelief leaks Jimin's tone. "She thinks you're leaving to deal with some unresolved issue when in reality, you're leaving to get married!"

Taehyung lets out a sigh. "Jimin, calm dow—"

"Calm down? You're actually telling me to calm down?"

Jimin releases him with a scoff. His hands were trembling, repeatedly clenching and unclenching.

Taehyung could tell his friend was holding himself back.

"You better tell her what's going on or so help me, Taehyung."

Jimin had every right to be angry at him. The fact that he was leaving right after getting the girl he's liked for so long— even he found it ridiculous.

But what could he do? The plot's practically unchangeable now. Jimin turns his back from him and walks away, leaving the air tense.

Now's not the time to feel remorseful.

A man clad in a suit and black shades approaches him. "The car's ready your highnesses."

"Let's go."

Your Pov

Maybe it was the fact that you weren't suspicious enough that's making you feel like an idiot.

You should have noticed something. Felt something was wrong.

Taehyung wasn't completely honest with you. But then again, you trusted him.

But the letter he left behind made you realize one thing.

Everyone you love would eventually leave you.

This is why you closed everyone off in the first place.

The idea of having someone mean so much to you only to leave in the end scares you. Not only that. It leaves a painful feeling.

You recall how you easily tore that letter into two parts and went on with your day like nothing happened.

Lisa saw through your facade but didn't bring anything up.

The following day, written all over her face was a look of sympathy. You figured she had heard the news from Jin.

It's been five years since you've last seen Taehyung and a lot of things has changed.

Lisa expanded her business and her wedding day's just around the corner.

Jimin had always been there to cheer you up. But after spending a year by your side, it broke your heart when you turned him down.

He left right after but promised you two would always be best friends.

No words could describe how happy you were for him when he broke the news that he got married and were now expecting.

Jin comes and goes. It was obvious he didn't like what his brother did. So whenever you two saw each other, he never brought him up.

Today's a big day.

As the amazing view of the beach greets your presence through the window, everyone's getting ready preparing.

Lisa's facing a huge light lit vanity with an elegant red robe on. A professional make up artist stands beside her, stroking a brush across her face.

On the bedside, lays the prettiest wedding gown you've ever seen. Her bouquet, an explosive of soft pink and blooming white roses.

A soft knock on the door resonates through the room and you head over to open it. Jungkook's on the other side of the door and his eyes have gone wide with what appears to be panic.

He's already wearing his outfit.

Fingers tingling, you close the door behind you and face him. "What is it?"

He fumbles with his words, murmuring something under his breath.

"Slow down for a second, kook. What?"

"I lost the rings okay!" He slaps a hand over his mouth, eyes wide. You freeze, processing what he just said. When it sinks in, you close your eyes and let out a steady exhale.

"You lost the rings?"

Your brother nods his head.

Good lord.

"Do you remember where you last saw them at least?" If you panic along with him, you'll only extend the chance of finding it.

Jungkook stares at the wooden floor before lifting his head up.

"In the kitchen. I stopped by the kitchen and probably left it there."

"What the heck where you doing in the kitchen?"

"I was hungry and Jin hyung said I could help myself with anything in the kitchen."

The first time Jin met Jungkook was during rehearsal for the wedding. It still amazes you how the two clicked in an instant.

"It had better be there." You say under your breath. The elevator dings and you both get inside. Your hair's still in the curling process and you pray you don't end up smelling like smoked steak.

"Start finding, kook." The kitchen's busy. There's a bunch of chefs here and there, tossing, chopping and shouting.

"Noona! I don't think it's here."

You want to hit your head against a chopping board. Who said it was a good idea to have Jungkook be in charge of the rings? Oh right. Lisa.

Since she picked your four year old brother Hyunji to be the ring bearer for the wedding, it was only natural to have Jungkook hold it.

"Then think. Where else have you been?"

"The car. Maybe it's in the car."

"Do you have the car keys with you?"

He pats his pockets and shakes his head. "It's with mom. I'll be right back."

You can't believe this is happening.

Exiting the kitchen, you decide it would be for the best to have Jungkook find for it himself. He should learn how to fix his own problems.

As you step inside the elevator, you subtly sniff yourself.

You don't smell. Or maybe you do but you don't know it yourself.

Lisa's on the twelfth floor and the elevators comes to a halt at ten.

As you fix the ribbon your robe, someone steps inside with a phone pressed against their ear and their back facing to you.

"Yeah I'm already here." They say in a low voice that awfully sounds familiar.