Arrival of the Cap'n

Days pass and no word or sight of Callie was found.
Marie had became more quiet as she tucked herself away to study everything that Agent 4 has reported about his exploration below the base where the Octarians dwelled. Only small pieces were found that could lead to the possible disappearance of Callie so Marie sent Agent 4 to another area of Octo Canyon to explore.
Meanwhile, Kai and Coral were to stay at the base until Cap'n Cuttlefish arrives. The old squid had been out on another research trip until Marie had called out to him.

Kai and Coral  moped from boredom. Kai lounged himself over the railing and fiddled with his fingers as Coral slumped into the small couch whilst staring into the sky.
   " Why must it take forever  for the Captain to get here?" Kai whined as he heaved a heavy deep sigh.

    Coral averted her eyes from the sky and sighed as well, " He's taking a ship back to Inkopolis square...wherever he went must have been very far."

  " I suppose so. However, it would have been more convenient if he took an aircraft here," Kai mumbled.

The two had already been at the base for almost a week, they waited for an order other than staying at the base until the arrival of Cap'n Cuttlefish. After a few days, they began to even try to consult with Marie to let them at least go out to the square for a break but she didn't want to hear any of it.

  The sound of a door creaking open turned both of their attention towards the source of sound. It was Marie, she had stepped out of her shed.

    " Look alive you two, Cap'n Cuttlefish will be arriving in a few minutes," Marie says.

   " Finally,"  Is what both of them had thought.

  Coral sat up from her slumped position on the couch and Kai made his way to the couch and sat beside Coral.

   Marie checks the time on her digital wrist watch, she then glances at the two agents, " Once Cap'n arrives we will discuss the whole situation that is going on with this whole mess...with Callie and Octavio."

Kai's mouth gapes a bit after hearing the name Octavio.
" I beg your pardon, but did something happen with Octavio? Coral told me that he was secured in a snow globe back in Inkopolis Plaza."

Coral confused as well questions Marie, " Octavio is secured, right?"

Marie bit her lips at this, she didn't know what to say.

" I assure you we will fix—," She begins but is interrupted by the sudden touch of a hand clamping onto her shoulder. A familiar old scrappy voice disrupted Marie

" No need to lie Agent 2, we're nowhere near to finding ol' eight legs and capturing him again right now," Cap'n Cuttlefish says.

Marie turns in surprise and hugs Cap'n Cuttlefish
He chuckles as he pats Marie's back. He then turns his head to Kai and Coral who sat quietly on the couch.

" Ahh, why if it isn't Agent 3 and Agent 8!" Cap'n exclaims, " How are you lads doing? You must have been bored out of your mind from waiting and I apologize for that."

" Nah, it's totally fine Cap'n. We're doing quite well," Coral says as she waves off Cap'n Cuttlefish's apology.

" That's good to see that you two are doing well. Agent 2 informed me that the both of you have formed quite a bond ay?" He softly chuckles as he pokes at the two who turn a bit pink.

" Uhh..y-yeah! Agent 8 actually came to the surface a few months ago, so I thought it would be nice to help him get adjusted," Coral says.

" That's good. Anyways, you two must have not been informed of the recent escape of the troublesome Dj Octavio," Cap'n Cuttlefish mutters.

Kai gulps and Coral adjusts her position on the couch, clearly showing that she was interested in knowing more details.

Cap'n rubs the back of his head, looking a bit guilty.
" Prior to Callie and the Great Zapfish's disappearance, Dj Octavio escaped the snow globe that he was kept in. This whole mess with the Great Zapfish vanishing must have knocked our attention that it allowed the Octarians to somehow bail him outta Octo Valley."

Coral stared at the ground, thinking and then sighs.
   " I'm sorry Agent 3, I know you must be upset since it's like piecing together a scrambled puzzle that you've already worked on,"Cap'n Cuttlefish says.

" No..it's fine..really Cap'n," Coral insisted.

Marie steps up, " I had Agent 4 investigate Octo Canyon, he's found useful clues so far. However, I'll need you two to help out and possibly track down Octavio, to get a taste of what he's up to."

" We'll do our best as Agents of the New Squidbeak Splatoon," Coral says and Kai nods in agreement.

Marie gives off a small smile, " I'm glad you two understand, we must never forget that the fate of Inkopolis is in our hands in which we shall never drop it."

  Kai stands up from the couch, " So when will we be leaving for this mission?" He asks in concern.

    Cap'n Cuttlefish turns to Marie and then back to the two agents, " Your mission starts in five days. However, Agent 2 and I decided that it would be best to let the two of you go back to Inkopolis Square to relax a bit."
  He then winks at the two agents who seem to be liking the idea of that.

   Marie glares at Cap'n Cuttlefish. Cap'n chuckles and boasts, " Oh ho ho, Agent 2. Let the poor lads take a break for a little, Im sure they want to gather their things and relax a bit beforehand!"

  " Fine..," Marie grumbles.

  " Really? Thanks you two!" Coral says.
" Y-yeah, I could really go for some Turf wars and the  Crust Bucket later..," Kai admits.

    They gather their weapons to head back to Inkopolis Square. On the way out, Marie and Cap'n said their goodbyes as well as Agent 4 who had recently got back from one of his explorations.

Authors note:
Sorry for the hold up guys. I'd like to say a big thank you for the get well wishes! I'll probably be getting a new chapter out next week so stay tuned. However, it may take a little while because I may be going to Halloween Horror Nights and I'll be doing splatfest!

:)