29 || January 14th, 2018

Aurora || Parker

"Hey, Parker--"

"Did you talk to my stepfather?"

"I-yes, I did..."

"...Why?"

"I called you, and he picked up the phone."

"..."

"..."

"Now, I want you to be completely honest with me."

"I...it's..."

"Do you...think that I'm...lying about who I am?"

"..."

"I knew it."

"Parker, I don't---"

"Don't lie to me!"

"S-sorry."

"Wow. Let me guess. He either said I'm playing a shit-ton of girls at the same time, or that I'm faking my depression to make you feel bad for me."

"...both?"

"Fucking hell. Fucking hell! This is so unreal I'm going to laugh. This can't be my fucking life!"

"Parker, I don't believe him--"

"Cut the crap! I know some part of you does. And who could blame you? You don't know me. You don't know what I do when we're not talking. And he knows that. He fucking knows."

"..."

"I've never done a thing to him. Why the hell is he trying to ruin my life? I moved out and I'm minding my own damn business, and he's having a grand old time trying to fucking ruin everything."

"..."

"Finally, after all of this damn time, after feeling so useless and shitty, I finally found you. I found someone to talk to, someone that cares about me. I was starting to feel happier. And he's trying to fucking ruin it."

"..."

"I can't live like this. Just when I think it's going to get better, he has to come around and prove me wrong. It's a fucking power move. His bitch ass needs to maintain control over someone to make himself feel good."

"Parker..."

"Fucking hell. I swear Aurora, I have not lied to you. Everything I've told you is true. You have to believe me. It can't end like this...with you thinking that I'm using you or lying to you."

"I believe you. I'm sorry I doubted you, but it was only for a second. I'll still be here for you."

"You have no reason to. You don't know me. We've never met. How could I hope that you...and me..."

"He told me that, too. You know."

"Wait, what? Shit, I didn't even ask what he said to you. He didn't call you any...obscene names, did he? Cause I swear to fucking god---"

"He didn't. He...played a concerned parent, warning me that sweet girls like me are vulnerable to being taken advantage of by creepy strangers..."

"Oh my fucking god."

"And...he said...that I couldn't have possibly hoped that you..liked me, or uh, something, since we've only had a couple phone calls."

"Wow. Well, I do, so he's wrong. Not the first time, believe me."

"It feels good to finally hear you say it to out loud. Instead of, you know, lying to me that you liked someone else."

"You try admitting your feelings to someone who's out of your league and tell me how calm and composed you'll be. Not literally, though, I want you to like me too."

"Oh my god, Parker. I can't do any better than you."

"Hmm, Let's hope you never go outside, I don't want you to realize you can do better with literally anyone."

"I like you, dummy. I can't imagine not having you in my life. And I'm not exactly planning our wedding at this point, so I---"

"Mhm."

"--Shut up! I really do think that we should meet up in real life before we progress our, uh, relationship."

"...Are you asking me on a date, Aurora Glass?"

"Indeed I am, Parker Hollowell."

"I...wow. Okay. First of all, hell yes."

"Aw, really? You can't see me, but I'm beaming." 

"Wow, you're cute. Second, um, where do you want to meet? We kind of live in different states."

"Um, in New York, obviously."

"Right of course, how silly of me to assume anything would stop you from coming here."

"I hope you've learned your lesson."

"Ha, ha. What day are you coming, then?"

"Lulu wants to give me a tour of the bakery next week."

"Oh...wow. I did not expect to be able to meet you so soon."

"Me neither! I'm so excited!"

"Me too. And, while I could protest all day about how I'm not as shitty as a person that my stepfather said I was, now you can decide for yourself."

A/N: Sorry for the late update, I kind of got so swept up in school that I almost forgot about this story haha whoops. 

I am wondering how I portrayed this sensitive topic. I'd love feedback from you all! 

Vote if you enjoyed this chapter!! Thank you all for your support, it means the world. The Suicide Hotline is almost to 3k reads!!! I'm honestly still surprised when the read count goes up, I didn't think anybody would like this story haha.