Detention

Olivia's POV
By the end of the school day, I had almost forgotten about Mr.Sheppard's detention. But as soon as I saw Dylan trudge up to my locker I remembered and sighed.

"You ready for your first detention?" He asks me smirking. Shoving his hand into the pockets of his jeans. I nod and he wraps his arm around my shoulder. We walk towards the classroom together.

Once we step into the room my eyes land on Mr. Sheppard's desk. He sitting there grading papers. I walk up to his desk Robbie trailing behind. He looks up as he hears me approaching.

"Aaah miss.Riley" he states. "I need you to fill out this sheet for me. You too Dylan". As he hands me the sheet out hands meet and I shrug away from his touch not liking how weird he's getting.

"Yes sir" he smirks at me and I shudder. I feel Dylan's arms wrap protectively around me. I lean into him.

"Will do sir" he responds loudly. Obviously, the thing to draw the teachers attention to him. I just nod.

"I also need you two to sit separately. Across the room. Olivia, I want you in the front Dylan in the back" he states before going back to his papers. I solemnly nod and walk to a desk at near the door of the classroom while Dylan stomps toward the back of the room. I look down at the sheet and start filling it out. It's mostly about how I can fix what I have done wrong.

Mrs. Riley, How're you doing?" I hear Mr. Shepard ask me. I jump a little when I see that he's right next to me.

"Umm, fine sir," I say before turning back to my appear expecting him to go ask Dylan the same question.

"Are you finding this class interesting?" He asks and I turn my body towards him.

"Yea I guess," I say. Shrugging. He grins.

"Well, that's just wonderful. Just so you know if you ever want some extra credit see me after school" he says this before placing his late wrinkled hand over my own and winking at me. I shudder. He's grinning even wider now.

"O-Ok" I stutter. He smirks this time leaning closer.

"Any type of extra credit you want" he whispers. I reel back at his remark. His breath smells like cigarettes and garlic. Just as I'm about to respond I hear a loud bang coming from the other side of the room.

"Sorry, Mr. But I need some help," Dylan says through gritted teeth. Mr. Shepard sighs and pulls away. I physically relax and I look at Dylan. His eyes are scanning me. Making sure nothing is wrong. I just nod at him. Telling him I'm alright.

"Yes, Mr. White" with Mr. Sheppard's retreating back facing me I make a heart with my hands towards Dylan. He lets a small smile settle into his face and I see him relax in his chair.

For the next hour, I can feel Mr. Sheppard's eyes on me from his desk. I pull at my clothes. Trying to make them cover me them a little more in certain places. Once detention is finally over. I stand up and leave the room quickly. I feel Dylan following me out the door. I immediately turn to hug him when I hear the door close behind him.

"Hey, baby. I'm so sorry" he whispers into my hair as he wraps his arms around me. I look at him.

"Why're you sorry," I ask

"Cause I put you into detention and into that scenario," he says. Holding me close.

"No, you didn't" I try to reassure him. But I can tell it doesn't work.

"What'd he say to you anyway?" He asks me. "You looked really tense"

"Nothing" I reply looking at the floor. I feel Dylan's big hand grab my chin.

"What. Did. He. Say" He asks. Anger dancing in his eyes.

"That I could get extra credit," I say. Not willing to lie. But not willing. To give the full truth. Dylan sighs. Knowing I won't tell him. Instead of pushing it he wraps his arm around my shoulder and we walk towards the student parking lot so he can drive me home.

Hey sorry that there hasn't been a lot of updates recently but I'm gonna get into the meat of the story super soon. Since school has started and I'm organized I'll update more. Thank you my lovilies ❤️❤️❤️