How Are my Good Deeds Even Related to the Feng Family?

Chen Qing had liked Chen Yu from a young age. He had even pleaded with his father to bring it up with Chen shi, but it had been harshly rejected by Chen shi.

He had always been a modest and somewhat weak person. Only school work occupied his mind, so he did not really know how he should compete for the person he liked. Chen Yu had rejected him, and he felt sad for a few days. He then devoted himself fully to his studies once more.

This time, he came to the capital simply to ask Feng Jin Yuan for a place to stay, so he could prepare for the coming Imperial examination in Spring; however, because of heavy snowfall, he had met the second daughter of the Feng family. This made it so he could not help but think of his cousin Chen Yu once more.

"Thank you second young miss for the grace of saving my life." Chen Qing then saluted Feng Yu Heng. No matter what was said, she had saved his life. He kept these thoughts in his mind.

Feng Jin Yuan also nodded in approval to Feng Yu Heng, but he did not speak of Chen Qing's matters: "Being able to set up a stall to hand out hot tea in the capital is truly very benevolent. The citizens will also remember the Feng family's grace with gratitude. It truly is a very good thing."

Feng Yu Heng looked at this father and thought that she had never seen such a shameless person. She could not help but ask: "Me setting up a stall to hand out hot tea, how is it related to the Feng family?"

"You are the daughter of the Feng family!"

"But the tea was provided by the Hundred Herb Hall and Yu Palace. It is unrelated to the Feng family." She faintly looked at Feng Jin Yuan and told him: "Handing out tea was something I put effort into. The money was provided by his Highness Prince Yu. The Feng family did not provide a single cent or any help."

"You..."

"This is the way I am. Father, this is not the first time you have experienced it." She did not want to waste words with a shameless person. Turning around, she left and said: "The Chen family's young master is already fine. Father, can bring him away. Daughter still needs to go provide service for the citizens, so I will not accompany you in your idle chatter." When she finished speaking, she had already left Hundred Herb Hall.

Chen Qing felt very embarrassed. He never thought that the Feng family's second young miss would not only not give him face, she would not even give her own father any face. In his eyes, Feng Jin Yuan had always been high above the masses. How lofty of a position was the standard first rank official! How could he allow himself to be repressed like this?

"This girl became accustomed to the wild of the mountain from a young age. There's no need to pay her any heed." Fortunately, Feng Jin Yuan found himself a way out, "Let's go. The manor's carriage is already waiting outside."

The servant who had come along from the Feng family took the initiative to go and help Chen Qing. This group of people did not even say a word to Feng Yu Heng before leaving Hundred Herb Hall and getting on the carriage.

Wang Lin glared at the departing carriage and quietly said: "They truly are a family of villainous wolves!"

Feng Yu Heng helplessly shrugged her shoulders and said to him: "That's why you should remember, Hundred Herb Hall belongs to the county main office. It is not related to the Feng family at all. If the people of the Feng family come for medicine, severely overcharge them."

"Boss, don't worry. I have remembered it all."

At this time, Huang Quan also came forward, "Madam is very worried. She did not sleep all night. Only after hearing that you returned to Hundred Herb Hall did she feel at ease."