Happy Reunion Between Cousins

Hearing Feng Jin Yuan mention the one million taels, Chen Yu became paralyzed on the spot.

This was bad. She had forgotten about it!

She had been so completely focused on dealing with the child in her belly that she forgot that she had promised to give Feng Jin Yuan the one million taels to curry favor with him. But what money did she have left? The money had been completely taken away by Feng Yu Heng.

Seeing that Chen Yu's expression was a little awkward, Feng Jin Yuan's heart dropped, as he urgently asked: "What happened?"

Chen Yu did not dare raise her head, as she stared fixedly at the ground and thought rapidly. She considered whether or not to tell Feng Jin Yuan the truth. If she did, what sort of outcome would she have brought for herself?

But it would have been better not to have thought. Now, the more she thought, the more afraid she became. Feng Jin Yuan was already treating her far worse than previously, and she no longer had the title of daughter to the first wife. She had barely survived to this point on the back of being the aspect of the phoenix. If it were found out that she had aborted a child, would her father completely give up on her?

She knew that Feng Jin Yuan was secretly looking for a medicine to restore her pure body, but there was no movement despite having searched for this long. She would end up becoming an abandoned child.

But if she did not say it, how could she get through this ordeal?

Chen Yu felt her head hurt, as she heard Feng Jin Yuan ask: "That day, you said you have one million in bank notes from the Chen family and that when father needed it, you would go to retrieve it. Chen Yu, father now needs that money. Do you have it on you?"

Chen Yu sighed and knew that she definitely could not talk her way out of this. Helpless, she shook her head: "Father, that money... is already gone."

"What did you say?" Feng Jin Yuan practically did not dare believe Chen Yu's words. He could only think that he had misheard her, "Say it one more time?"

Chen Yu gritted her teeth and repeated herself: "That money is already gone."

"Nonsense!" Feng Jin Yuan became furious, "One million taels! Do you think that is one hundred taels? Could it disappear as easily as saying it's gone?"

Chen Yu had already come up with an idea and simply decided to place the blame on the Chen family: "Uncle recently had some trouble with business. He took it back to use for now. There was nothing daughter could do." Either way, the relationship between the two families was very poor, so there was no way Feng Jin Yuan could go ask the Chen family about this matter.

"The things that have been given away can still be taken back?" Feng Jin Yuan cursed the Chen family a thousand times, "Father has said this long ago, there is no benefit for you in sticking too close to the Chen family. And now that they have actually done such a thing. Did you know that father promised that one million taels to the third prince today? The third prince even showed concern for your condition and asked if you were well. Chen Yu, father is doing everything with you in mind!"

The third prince taking the initiative to ask about her caused Chen Yu to feel a bit moved. Although her heart already belonged to the seventh prince, that man was nothing more than a flower in the middle of a well. She could see him, but she could not reach him no matter what. Her most important matters now was to cooperate with Feng Jin Yuan in winning over the third prince. So long as they could solidify the third prince's trust, there would be a path to follow in the future. Otherwise, everything else would have been in vain.

"Do you know how serious this situation is?" Feng Jin Yuan felt his head pulsate. He cursed Chen Yu while keeping himself alert: "Father has already made this promise. If it can not be fulfilled, how should we handle his Highness the third prince? What would you do in the future? All of these things, have you considered them?"