Nowhere Man

===============================

" He's a REAL nowhere man,
sitting in his nowhere land,
making all his nowhere plans
for nobody. "

===============================

circa 1962,

March 22nd. That was the day we released "Please, Please me" into the world. The first of many more albums to come, I'd hope. Turns out you don't need a huge record label or a big name to release an album. Just passion and a band manager you met in a foreign country.

"Can ye believe we did it? We really released a real, physical record that could be sold in that same store down the road!" I exclaimed, holding it infront of me in my hands.

"We all did it, Macca, and I certainly couldn't have done it wi' out ye." John smiled, holding me closer to him than he did before.

"What do ye think George and Ringo think of it? Haven't heard from 'em in a couple of hours." I wondered.

"I'm sure they're still asleep, it is pretty early, yeah?" John pointed out.

I checked my watch, "...It's nearly 1 in the afternoon, John."

"That's early! If ye weren't livin' wi' me I reckon I'd sleep 'till night time." John joked around.

We then heard foot steps coming near our door so John threw me off of him and I sat on the floor.

"Ello, boys." John's Aunt Mimi greeted us. "Would ye like any celebratory tea?"

"Thank ye!" I smiled as she poured John and I separate mugs. John smiled and nodded as she walked back to the doorway.

"If ye need anythin', jus call!" She shut the door slowly and walked down the hall.

"She's gonna walk in on somethin' she doesn't wanna see, one of these days." John said smugly.

"Definitely right abou' that one, John." I laughed back and scrambled next to him again. "Oughta wear a bell, she should."

John shot back and chuckled to himself as he stared off into the ceiling, "...An album, Macca, a real album!"

I half-smiled, still upset about the fact that the whole school knows about John and I. Well, I guess they don't really know, but the others definitely suspect us.

Ever since the day Stu fought with John, I've gotten countless notes on my locker telling me how queer I must be. So many birds come up to me and ask if I'm "gay for Lennon." They ask if John and I ever- well, you know.

I kissed his jawline and collapsed into his arms once more. "Too bad school's been a nightmare, as of late. No one's gonna give a shite abou' our album if they think we're queer!" I sighed.

"Who cares what the other's think, Paulie? Truly? I only care abou' ye and our music." John shrugged off.

He pretended he didn't care, but I know better.

"Ye know, it's not a bad thing to be upset, Johnny." I joked around.

John scoffed, "Thanks, what would I ever do wi' out yer quick wit and smart thinkin'."

"I'm serious, okay! Ye can tell me anythin', don't be worried abou' me thinkin' less of ye, my love." I exclaimed.

"Oh, Macca, I know ye would'nt do that." John rubbed his face with his hands.