2.3 The Town Of Qian

When he first arrived in this world, he thought that the time setting would be of that in Ancient China. That is due to the kind of clothes the people are wearing and the way how they act. On the web novels with a cultivation theme, usually, the environment would be away from the modern technology. There will be either more magical stuff or the spiritual talk, yet, both have the ancient feeling.

People would wear Hanfus¹, or tunics with long sleeves and robes. A belt or not might be tied on the waist, or maybe a stylish one would add a skirt under the robes. Women would wear Combs and pins as jewelries, men will have their belt hooks or buckles. The clothes will often show their status, especially when there's a unique additional garment to the body.

One can say that Lang Yuan's assumptions are still valid, from that time about how a town should look like a barren village and the life the people would be living. But what he forgot to understand is that he is no longer on his previous world. This is a new place with new rules and new views. What might be acceptable to Earth is unnecessarily relevant to this world.

He pondered these things over the moment he walked down from his room towards the mess hall. With the round tables scattered around with barrel seats, he can no longer see the ancient theme. Rather, it looks very European with a class, making him very out of place. The hanfu those merchant gave him showed a very different style.

But people only look at him as if his clothing isn't weird. He remembered that time when he transmigrated to this world. Those guys are also wearing the same clothing but with a certain theme and color. That's when he concluded that those guys are from a sect and are cultivators of this world. There is also that one guy with a sword who instantly accused him of stealing the egg.

Lang Yuan just shrugged his shoulders as he went to look for a table, unaware to the fact that people who can only wear cultivation clothes are men with Qi and are highly respected by the community. What more of those people who are part of the sects, they are generally treated as masters and teachers.

On the other hand, a young lady with huge busts and slim waist is watching Lang Yuan to come over. The moment she sighted her, she can't help but to feel jealous. Feng Wen never met a man this beautiful before. Crimson irises, long eyelashes, small nose, cherry blossom lips, and slightly blushing pale cheeks - she could not help but to wonder if this person is really a man or a woman. He's wearing male robes so probably he is a guy, but what if she's a woman who is only pretending to be a man?

"Wen-wen, what are you doing? Go and serve the guest!" Mister Qui scowled at the young lady.

"Eek!" Feng Wen quickly took the menu board and ran towards Lang Yuan.

Lang Yuan looked up when a lady wearing a uniform came with a forced smile. She was holding a colorful board to which she nervously handed towards him. Lang Yuan accepted the menu board and thanked the lady with a smile.

That smile… that smile almost broke her braincells ba!

The reaction is too much that she can't help but to release a blush on her cheeks. Not only does this man look so beautiful, his voice is also gentle and pleasing, almost melting her on the spot. She only managed to catch herself before totally collapsing to the ground. Not only did Feng Wen felt like this, the other waitresses are also melting, feeling their legs going numb.

While everyone is trying to stop their noses from bleeding, Lang Yuan stared at the menu board with a frown. He can understand the spoken language of the people so he thought that it's the same language from the previous world. But when he saw the board, strange letters, or rather shapes, are drawn horizontally.

He didn't realize the change due to the host is from this world. The original Lang Yuan is a clumsy boy who can't even run a flight of stairs without collapsing from hyperventilation. But ever since he transferred, somehow, not only his endurance increased but also his stamina improved a lot. He managed to get the physical skills of the original owner and added it to him, who is only a very smart intellect that only has the brain in constant practice.