three

"Fuck off, you bitch."

He slaps me across the face, causing a harsh sting as his dirty rough fingers came in contact with my face.

I sucked in a breath as pain surged through my body as he swung a fist into my stomach, temporarily knocking the wind out of me, causing me to stumble to the ground, clutching my stomach in pain.

"St-stop." I stuttered, staring up at him, my vulnerability shining through my watery eyes.

Don't cry Flo, don't give him what he wants.

"Ha!" He chuckled evilly.

"so pathetic." He spat his words laced with venom, leaning down so we were face to face.

He tilted my chin up so I was forced to look into those dark eyes which used to hold so much light.

"Such a pathetic little slut." He seethed.

I slapped his hand away from my face and jolted upstairs before he could hurt and insult me further; I neared my bedroom door when his heavy footsteps were heard padding up the stairs.

I slammed my door shut before locking it and hastily grabbing my old nike bag and shoving as many clothes in there as possible and slung my bag over my shoulder.

My heart rate quickened as my door came off the hinges, falling to the ground, my dads staunch figure appearing, he looked angry like someone just told a girl on her period that someone ate all the donuts and didn't leave her any.

My flight or fight instincts were screaming at me to get out of there and fast.

I ran to my window as fast as I could before quickly hopping out my window and onto the lower roof and then bouncing onto the green grass as my dad was hanging half out the window furiously screaming at me to come back.

But I didn't listen, there was no way in hell I was going back.

I tightened my hold on my bag strap and I ran as fast as I could, I had no idea where I was going but I kept running and running and running. 

***

My legs started to ache as I slowly stopped from running to walking. As I tried to calm my breathing I looked around me, I had no idea where I was at all.

To my left was a big thick, green forest, then to my right was a road with a few dimly lit street lights, lighting up the row of houses that were neatly lined down the street.

I huffed, knowing straight away I was lost. To be fair I've never been far away from home before, as I've always walked to school and come straight home. I used to go out all the time when mum was alive, I wish she was still here.

I decided to keep walking in hope I would find somewhere to sleep or at least rest for a little.

Still walking for what felt like years along the concrete path my eyes land on a small park. The park consisted of a swing set, a slide, a climbing wall and lastly a bench.

'Well it's better than nothing.' I thought as I plopped down onto the cold, silver bench.

There was a slight breeze that made me shiver, wishing I had a blanket or even a nice warm bed. I wondered how it would feel as another slight gust of wind flew down my back sending me goose bumps on my bare legs and arms.

I lay down on the bench, with my bag under my head acting as a pillow. Looking up at the dark sky that was littered with bright shining stars, I thought about a few things like, what would have happened if I didn't leave? what if I go back? what if he finds me? what if-.