A/N

Alright everyone, I assume all of you guys are completely pissed of by my complete lack of updates. Unfortunately I was not able to update anything due to national disasters occuring in my town.

I know. I have a legitimate excuse!!

So here's what happened. 

In August we had been having unusually heavy rainfall, even though it was our monsoon. By August 8th or so things started becoming serious when the dams had to be lifted and red alerts were sent to some areas regarding the flooding that will occur due to the release of the dams.

I was visiting home, so there was me, my eldest brother, both my parents and grandparents. None of us cared because we were very far from the dams, so we simply watched the news about people's houses being swept away and the rising count of death. Then a town called Muvattupuzha which was kind of close to us was put on red alert.

Here's the thing. No one took it seriously. Everyone thought that Muvattupuzha would flood, but it will be like a little water, like just upto our feet or something. You must realise that Muvattupuzha and our town which is like 2 hours away from Muvattupuzha is very, very  far away from the dam which had to be opened.

The next day we woke up to find our roads had water accumulating slowly and water had started to creep up slowly.

My dad immediately made me and my brother take the car and my bike to the highest point in our town, the church (It's build on a cliff). He called us and asked us to purchase some supplies on the way back and withdraw a lot of money from the bank. This entire time, rain hasn't stopped once.

So me and my brother walked through the town, trying to find a shop that's open and find something we can purchase as by this time, everything's already purchased and it's very hard to find something. By the time we came back home, the roads are flooded with the water coming up to mid thigh.

Our home, thankfully, is build quite high, so the water hadn't quite entered our front yard yet, but we had a massive issue. The river from Muvattupuzha to my town ran right next to our house. 

The electricity had already been cut in the morning and my mom refused to let us use the water saved in our tanks as she wanted to save that water for when we are all stuck upstairs

The electricity had already been cut in the morning and my mom refused to let us use the water saved in our tanks as she wanted to save that water for when we are all stuck upstairs. Oh, another thing you should probably know is that all our water comes from our well. It is the only water my parents and grandparents trust so we have a motor which pumps up water into our tank which we use, and then pump again when the tank runs low. But since the electricity had been cut, we couldn't run the motor and we didn't have a pipeline from the city waterline so we had one tank of water to use. And my mom wouldn't allow us to use it as it had to kept as emergency reserves as none of us had any clue as to when the electricity would come back on.

Still no red alert for our town, which is called Piravom, by the way.

No one is still taking this seriously as there has been no red alert issued, but my dad is forcing all of us to shift all our furniture upstairs and all of us are pissed of since we had these huge mahogany carved sofa set that weighs like a ton and we had to carry it all upstairs.