1.1.7: Hospital - EDITED

With hesitant and light knocks, Xiao Yunhua stood before the door to the small house that she shared with her grandmother.

Silence greeted her despite her constant knocking. Suddenly, Xiao Yunhua had a very bad feeling. She looked around the house and finally found the small, potted daisy. Digging around in the dirt, she didn't care that her fingers were getting dirty. After a few minutes, she finally found the spare key to the house, albeit a bit dirtied.

Xiao Yunhua quickly unlocked the house door and fervently glanced everywhere. When she couldn't find a trace of her grandmother, her eyes widened in fear. She took off her shoes and meticulously searched in the living room and kitchen, but she couldn't find her. She decided to go search in the bedrooms, but she couldn't find her there either.

Finally, she decided to check the bathroom. Surprisingly, the light was turned on and the door was slightly open. With furrowed eyebrows, Xiao Yunhua pushed the door open slowly and paled at what she saw.

Her old grandmother was passed out with barely any color visible on her face. With shaking hands, she quickly dialed the emergency services. She felt tears streaming down her face as she regarded the old woman who took care of her despite not having any relations to her.

Ironically, those that did have blood relations to her actually didn't bother with her. Her birth mother passed away giving birth to her, her stepmother despised the very ground she walked on, and her father...

Her father was a whole new story.

Recalling his final words to her, Xiao Yunhua sighed and shook her head. Her eyes fell to the old woman again. A new wave of tears filled her eyes as she watched the only person who genuinely cared for her and raised her, kept her eyes closed.

Xiao Yunhua's shaking hands gripped the frail hands of the old woman until she finally heard the familiar sirens and her grandmother was quickly stationed into an ambulance. Xiao Yunhua was immediately questioned on what had happened and she could only sigh as she told them the truth.

When she told them that she stayed at a friend's house yesterday and only just came back, she immediately saw that disappointment filled their eyes. This was a country that deeply valued filial piety so her behavior of abandoning this frail and old woman due to their argument was a big showcase of being unfilial.

Even she felt guilt and shame fill her. If she hadn't argued with her grandmother and listened to her words, then none of the misfortunes that had happened would have happened.

Zhao Meiliang would have never had access to her phone.

She would have never had to waste all her Pretty Points.

Zhao Meiliang and she would still be friends. Deep in her heart, she was still hurting because she really and truly treated the other girl as her friend. She was disappointed.

But this also showed that Zhao Meiliang was against her before the malicious girl could cause any further damage.

Like a mindless zombie, Xiao Yunhua and her puffy eyes took a taxi and followed the ambulance to the hospital. When she arrived, she quickly asked where her grandmother was resting in. After a few minutes, she quickly was told the room number, which coincidentally, was room 512.

When Xiao Yunhua heard the room number, she paled even more and started to visibly shake as memories poured inside of her head. These memories she wanted to forget, yet fate was so cruel to remind her.

The number 512 was her curse and her most brutal experience.

But even though she could barely feel blood circulating, her heart was thumping at a rapid pace, and she felt like throwing up, Xiao Yunhua dragged her feet to stand before the room 512.