Chapter 1 : Dealing with a man child 101

"Do you belive in wereworlves?" he asked and I instantly twichted in irritation. I wanted take his pencil out of his oversized gorrila hand and shove it up his own eye socket. 

I glanced his way. He was so damn tall. His head was down, his black hair covering his eyes and his earing gleamed in the sunlight for a brief moment. His full attention was on the textbook in front of him. The way he was focused, you'd think he was contributing to the research for breast cancer. But no, he was doodling sunglasses on the picture of famous biologist Gregor Mendel.

And then it hit me, he was drawing on MY textbook. 

I've been stuck doing ALL of OUR assignment by myself for the last 45 minutes and I'm not suprised. In fact, I am desensitised.

I've never been into homicides. But the concept was slowly starting to appeal to me. I reminded myself that purgatory wasn't exactly something I'd want to enter into so the idea of killing this poor neanderthal was once again pushed in the back of my head. 

What have I done to the cosmos that was so damn horrendous that I had to be stuck with this complete inconsequential douchlord as lab partner?

I thought nothing of his question and just took it as an unfortunate soul having a dumb conversation with her classmate during biology class. I shrugged and then tilted my head while pouring the formula into the beaker.

"Depends which type, If it's the Medieval age European folklore version developed from early Christian interpretation, then...well, no, I don't believe in mythical creatures.. but I sure wish those existed...", I answered as politely as I could. 

"Mythical hm?..", he said to himself.  

Instantly, this one guy across the classroom raised his head towards me like I just talked about his mother. I frowned. 

What's his deal?

He starred at me for a solid 10 seconds with a grin on his face and I felt mildly incomfortable.

I knew his name. River Carlton, he was tall and oddly overly muscular. Quite popular with the ladies. He only ever hung out with two other guys from this classroom, who coincidentally are just as tall and just as strangely ripped. One of them being my very own assignment partner who made it his personal mission to ruin my textbooks instead of helping, and the other was his own lab partner ;

Cole Brown.

Bare with me, this guy is weird. I can't pinpoint it and I know it's judgmental because I've never spoken to him, but there's something dark, and "mystifying" almost sounds too cliche but that's the best way to put it. 

Why am I talking about those two you might ask ? Well, for one, River was the other side of the lab but for some reason, he looked at me the moment I spoke about werewolves like he could hear everything and was interested in the conversation. For a brief moment I saw the corner of his lips twitch in a little smirk as he turned towards his lab partner Cole and said something and then they both grinned.

I realised I was starring shamelessly at him when he turned back my way and our eyes locked. I looked down into my own textbook, ignoring the annoying shiver that went down my spine.

Those two are to be avoided, they are shady. 

"What exactly is European Folklore werewolves?" asked my own curse of a lab partner. 

I looked around. Everyone else was working in pairs. Helping eachother like civilized students who cared about their grades. I looked like a mom and her toddeler. Yelling at him for dropping beakers and messing up our station.