Chapter Five

Y/n's pov

Not breaking eye contact the seriousness of the situation started to kick in. I started to violently thrash around in her grip, she let out a low chuckle. That was it, I leaned my head back and harshly brought it forward on the forehead of her mask. Her grip loosened and I took the opportunity to knee her in the stomach sending her back a few feet. She lifted up her mask to just above her mask and spat out blood, than said a incoherently mumble. She looked up and smiled "You're dead." and bolted at me

I took the moment to scurry back into the house and slam he door on her, hearing the crack on when she hit the wood. Going for the stairs I got full view of the kitchen seeing the propped open back door and two men standing in front of it, the man in orange, close up his face was also covered by a white mask with back lips and eyes. Now with a man in yellow wearing a ski mask with a frown stitched into it.

The fear only making me go faster I bolted up the stairs. I figured my best bet is to lock myself in one of the rooms and to break a window. Hearing the loud click of the door being opened and angry mumbles about killing me getting louder as they neared the top of the steps.

Turning left I picked a random door and ran in doing a quick 180 to close and lock the door. Turning back to the room I can clearly see blood stains forever embedded in the bed sheets covering a small bed. It was a good sized room but had little in it, a bed with a window above it, a small bedside table, a dresser, a desk with more of the poorly drawn pages, pictures of different people a bloody hatchet sat on top of a few staining the pages. The voices outside got louder

"Where are they? You said they were here."

"They are, start checking rooms I got left side, you and Hoodie check right."

The doors outside could be heard being opened and closed. Walking across the floor slowly trying not to let the floor boards creak under me. My focus was interrupted when you heard the handle to the door get turned, and someone pushing at the locked door. There was a moment to silence and then he called out "They're in Toby's room." The sound of people's footsteps approached the door and the handle got pushed on again.

I froze as the smarter part of my brain yelled at me. Don't just stand there! Ok, Right. Picking up the hatchet I ran to the bed looking at the stained bed sheets and smiling slightly at the memories of my parents blood, snapping out of it I bashed the small window above the bed sending glass everywhere. This only made the kicking at the door worse. Tightening the straps on my backpack and put the hatchet in my belt loop opposite from the gun. I climbed on the small roof and looked at the tree that stood next to the house. A loud crash could be heard from the room, looking back you could see the masked man kicked a decent sized hole in the door, looking though the hole he yelled "HERE'S MASKY!" and gave the door one final kick, the door came caving in. Taking a chance I jumped though the air to one of the bigger branches, scaling down the tree as fast as I could. Jumping the last five feet, I made a dead sprint for the tree line.