"Awesome" - Jack Barakat oneshot

"Seriously Jack, come and help me! You do realize that our moving trucks arrive at 10am tomorrow morning right?"

"Just one more minute Y/N! I neeeeed to finish this off!"

"Jack! You're gonna be able to play on your xbox in the new house and I can see you now! You're at a save point.  Save the game and come help me with the rest of the boxes!"

"K fine!"

I sighed as I straightened my shirt out then went into mine and Jack's spare room where we kept all of our stuff we didnt need on a daily basis.

Jack carried in a few empty boxes for us to fill with the rest of our stuff. I heard them being dropped to the floor and then seconds later, I felt Jack's arms around me from the back.

"Hey babe, you know what would be fun? If we did it right here right now in our empty house on the floor."

Was he serious right now?! God, that boy's sex drive could be off the charts some times...

"Jack, that was a one time thing in our living room when we moved in..." I wriggled out of his arms and shoved a box at him, "now, pack!"

"Yes sir!" He saluted me and got to work on packing some important files.

------------

A few hours later, we were just about done packing the things up from our spare room. Jack had actually worked harder than I expected, although he talked a lot. But recently, he got quiet...almost too quiet.

"Jack, you doing alright with the things?" I turned around to see if he was still busy packing, but was surprised when he wasn't in sight.

"STYROFOAM FIGHT!!!" Jack jumped in the room throwing pieces of packing syrofoam at me, half of it getting stuck in my hair and to my shirt, and half of it being scattered on the floor. I gave him a face of disinterest and he laughed like an idiot.

"Okay then, I guess I'll just move out without you Jack." I said emotionless, going back to packing.

"Come on, Y/N" Jack bent down behind me and started picking the styrofoam pieces off me, "you've been so stressed these past few weeks with this moving business. Take it easy!"

Jack was right, I was beyond stressed lately but I was nervous with moving houses because I've been living here for the past 8 years, and Jack moved in with me 3 years ago. 

"I know Jack, but, let's just finish these last few things in here, then we'll relax tonight."

"You say that now...but later will you be tempted to look through the boxes again?" Jack questioned.

"You know me too well..."

"Just pinky promise me, Y/N. After this is done, you wont touch the boxes until we have to pack them in the vans tomorrow morning."

He extended a pinky finger to me, to which I linked with one of pinky's with and promised him, "I promise."

"Okay, so I'll finish up with these papers and supplies around the desk, and you can get the rest of the stuff in the closet and the drawers beside it." 

I agreed to Jack's idea and we both got back to work. About 20 minutes later, Jack finished his area and I was almost done in mine, so Jack said he would go fix us up some nachos with his famous guacamole.

I hummed a random song that I heard on the radio earlier to myself as I went through the drawers, when I noticed a box I hadnt seen before. It was small, black, and velvet...like a ring box. Oh my god, did Jack buy me a ring?

I decided not to be nosey and kept it closed and put the final things in the box, except for the small box.

After I was finally finished with everything, I decided that I just had to know what this box contained and who it was for, so I held it behind my back while I walked to the kitchen with the smell of guacamole and nachos filled my nose.

"Mmmmm I love when you mak your guac dip, Jack!" I said enthusiastically as Jack turned around from the dishes and gave me a smile. He then furrowed his eyebrows a little once he noticed my arms behind my back, "whatchya got there?"

I held back the urge to smile widely, so I just laughed, "I was cleaning the drawers, and then I found this box," I held it in front of me and Jack's eyes went wide while his eyebrows raised up on his forehead, "I didnt open it or anything cause it's not mine, but I'm guessing its yours."

Jack wiped his hands with a dishcloth and came over to me, "no, Y/N, you're wrong. Well it actually is yours...you see, " he started rubbing his hands together and took the box from me, "I've had this for a while..." he opened the box revealing a beautiful ring with little diamonds in the middle of the two outer bands, "and I just, I didnt know how I should do this..." oh my god, IT IS for me! "I guess now's a better time than later," Jack got down on his knee and I grew speechless, but still tried to smile at him, "you just make me really happy. I like living my life with you and cuddling with you and eating nachos with you and stuff, "Jack was noticeably nervous and thinking of what to say as he went on, but it was adorable, "And Y/N I love when we're just together doing whatever we wanna do. You make me a happy guy. I'm lucky to have you, ya little fartbrain, so, ya know? If this is a good proposal and all? Will you marry me, maybe?"

I laughed at his little speech because it was extremely adorable and dorky, "I'd give it a 10 out of 10, Jack. Yes, maybe I'll marry you." I smiled widely and Jack knew that even though I said maybe after yes, I was serious about marrying him.

Jack stood up, grinning from ear to ear and grabbed me in a hug, kissing me on the cheek over and over and simply said, "awesome" in my ear.

Once we separated, Jack grabbed the ring out of the box and slipped it on my finger. "How long have you had this anyway Jack?"

"Oh the ring? I dont know, maybe about 8 or 9 months now"

"8 months?! And youve been waiting for this exact moment while youre making nachos and I'm packing things up to propose to me?!"

"Noooo. Its just I've been thinking of how to do the whole proposal but I had writers block or something..."

I laughed at him and playfully puched his arm, "that's my turdnugget!"

"I think we should leave our stupid nicknames out of the vows though or people might think we're nuts" Jack said as he grabbed me close.

I reached behind him and dipped a finger in the guacamole. I dabbed a bit on his nose and then licked off the rest smiling at him, "yeah maybe we should."