2.4 The Town of Qian

The boisterous laughter of men across the table caught his attention. The moment Feng Wen sadly left the scene, his attention was shifted towards the other end of the mess hall where five bulky men are crowding a double sized round table.

It was still early noon, yet, their table is already full of litters and scrapes of food, dozens of empty bottles, and plates topping one and the other. One man is down snoring loudly while those who can still withstand the alcohol are still happily chatting around. They are the infamous local drunkards of the Town of Qian.

A waitress placed a pitcher of cold water and a glass to the table of Lang Yuan. She glanced at the youth as his attention is still focused from the men. She stifled a giggle, and the young master was returned from his trance. He looked up to see a woman of a refreshing beauty, a face with not too much make up,  yet still good to the eyes. She was giving him a real sweet smile as she leaned closer to talk.

"Is the young master bothered by the noise?" She asked.

Lang Yuan thought that this woman resembled his younger sister, beautiful and strong willed. Well, he didn't know if this woman is the same but by the look from her eyes one can see that she's an easy-going person, yet, held respect and dignity.

Lang Yuan thought of an answer and shook his head: "No."

The woman smiled wondrously, deep dimples appearing on both sides of her cheeks. This only made her attractive and cute. Lang Yuan can really see his sister in this woman!

"That's good then," she said. "My name is San LiFen. It might be a bit noisy but I hope you won't be bothered by the noise. Those are local martial artists from Governor Mou Shoushan. They don't really cause trouble. Actually, they are more decent compare to their looks. It's just that they're louder than normal."

Lang Yuan wasn't really bothered by the noise. He is from a very large family. His younger sisters and brothers would often fight, especially during the early morning when everyone is trying to take a bath. And their fights are nowhere small and quiet. They would always end up brawling or shouting that in order for them to shut up their eldest have to come in between. So hearing such loud voices only reminded him of the family he left behind.

"Don't worry, it's okay," Lang Yuan confirmed. "Though, I'm just a bit wondering why they look so enthusiastic… ugh, and maybe arguing some things over."

"Ah, that probably is because of the upcoming wedding. The martial artists under the Governor Mou will be responsible for the security of the people."

"Really? But I heard a sect would be responsible for it?" Lang Yuan wasn't able to remember the name of that sect that almost killed him.

"Yes, the cultivators will be holding the wedding. But there's no way that they can control the flow of people especially that a lot people are coming inside the capital to join the celebration. It's the first time for our World Emperor to marry."

Lang Yuan heard about that World Emperor again but he has no idea what this person looks like. Plus, he's only been here for like less than 24 hours? He spent most of his days trying to survive the wild while trying to to get where there are people. This less than a day gave him a lot of trouble more than what he can handle.

He asked, "What do you mean by first time? The World Emperor has not taken a concubine yet?"

San LiFen gave him a surprised look. "Young master, you didn't know…?"

Lang Yuan can't help but to feel his cheeks warm. It's not his fault, okay? He's new to this world. There's nothing wrong with not knowing anything. He never met people on the way for a week and only have himself and an egg. Could the egg give him the answers that he wanted? Will he even have enough time to idle in wilderness?