Chapter 2

Toby's POV

I was in my room fiddling with my hatchets until I heard a knock on my door. Confused, I get up and open my door to reveal Masky.

"O-Oh. You need s-something?" I ask.

"Uh yeah actually.. I can't find Brian anywhere.."

"Brian?"

"Hoodie."

"Oh."

"Um.. Could you please help me find him?" Masky asks quietly. I smile brightly and nod.

"Of c-course!" I stutter. He smiles, at least I think he did, and signals for me to follow him. I grab my hatchets and go out of my room, remembering to shut the door of course, and follow Masky outside.

"A-Any ideas where h-he'd be?" I ask. Masky shrugs.

"Only one..." He mumbles. He sounded.. Sad? I couldn't really tell. I only knew that Lyra would mumble whenever she was sad.

"Well c-c'mon. The sooner w-we find Hoodie, t-the better right?" I ask. He chuckles and nods.

"Yeah. I guess you're right." He says and leads the way to somewhere as I follow closely, not wanting to get lost.

We get to our destination a few minutes later. It was a house, not really huge but not really small, and the paint of the outside was white.

"W-Where are we?" I ask and look at Masky.

"An old 'friend' of mine's house." He answers.

"Oh.." I follow him up to the house and Masky looks around.

"Brian!!! Where the fuck are you!!" He yells. I hear something snap but Masky didn't seem to notice. I go to the back of the house and see Hoodie was curled up with his knees to his chest and he was sobbing. I quietly make my way back to Masky and lightly tug at his jacket sleeve. He looks at me and I point to the back of the house. He tilts his head and I grab his wrist and go to the back of the house and point to Hoodie.

"Brian!" Masky yells and runs up to him. Hoodie's head shoots up and looks at Masky.

"What the hell do you want..?" He growls. Masky stays silent before sighing.

"Look Brian, I'm sorry okay? I shouldn't have yelled at you and I regret it," Masky says to which Hoodie huffs.

"Please Hoodie..." Masky says quietly. Considering I have been forgotten, I walk away happily that I found Hoodie, but also sadly that Hoodie and Masky had a fight.. I shrug and continue walking. I whistle an old tune that I can't remember (insert song name here).

I hear a twig snap and I look around. I grab my sharper hatchet from my belt. When I hear nothing else I continue walking. Suddenly I'm attacked to the ground. I look behind me and see Rake again.

"Shit..." I mutter. Rake starts to claw at my back as my clothes were torn and I started to bleed, making no reaction as I can't feel pain. My eyes were tearing up though. My vision starts to blur and everything fades into black as my head falls and hits the ground. All I hear is a faint gunshot and yelling.

-Timeskip-

Toby's POV (Still)

When I woke up it took me a sec to realize where I was. I try to sit up.

"Toby, no." I hear. I look over and see Masky. I lie back down and look at him.

"What h-happened?" I ask.

"Rake found you and was clawing at you, so Hoodie shot him and I carried you back here." He answers.

"Thank you.." I mumble. He tilts his head.