Chapter Six

Y/n's pov

Going full speed to the tree line I glanced back seeing two figures with white masks exiting the front door hightailing it in my direction. The one in yellow watching from the broken window. Whipping my head back around I pushed myself to go faster. Once I reached the end of the clearing I turned around to flip them off and smirk then I really took off.

~time skip~

It had been about three hours since the chase started. I am currently in a tree my green jacket making it easy to blend in to the leaves. They walked past me a couple times but after it got dark it seems like they gave up for the night. Deciding I was safe for the time being I jumped down and wiped my hands on my jeans while I looked around. Seeing no immediate danger I slid down the tree sighing deeply. Unzipping my bag and grabbing a water bottle and chugging half of it, then unwrapped a granola bar and biting off a chunk chewing it slowly.

Finishing my last bite I zipped up my bag and lay it next to me. Next I moved leaves to make a somewhat dry surface. I took a step back and admired my make shift bed and lay down moving my gun to the inside pocket of my coat. I rolled over keeping the hatchet in the loop of my jeans making a note to watch out for it. As I snuggling into my jacket I let sleep take over my body.

I woke up suddenly to a sharp kick at my side. Looked up to see an black figure outlined by the rays of light from the moon filtering through the trees looking down at me. My senses kicking in I sat up and backed up. He reached down and grabbed my left wrist wrenching me up by it. Face to face with him I can see he's way taller than me. He had a gray mask with an eerie looking smile made of stripes and the moonlight shining off a pair of orange steam punk goggle.

"Who-o are y-you?" He asked in a deadly tone even with the stutter.

I didn't answer. Him not amused with the lack of response he gripped my hand harder making me close my eyes trying to ignore the pain.

"W-why d-d-do you have my h-hatchet?"

My eye snapped open and gave him a ice cold stare. Using my other hand I grabbed the gun from my coat pocket pointing it at his face. He quickly tried to grab it from me, only pointing the gun down surprised I pulled the trigger shooting his left shoulder, he didn't even flinch. His grip on my arm wavered a bit but he completely released as his leg seemed to spasm and twitch uncontrollably making him fall to his knees and grunt out a curse.

Trying to get away I blindly moved to start running and moved to the side but tripped over my bag sending my gun flying out of my grip. Scrambling back to my feet I pulled the hatchet out of my belt loop and pointed it at him threateningly.

"Your one of them aren't you" My voice came out in a low mutter from not speaking often.

"Ah so-o you m-must have met m-m-my co-workers." He chuckled seeming unbothered with the bullet in his shoulder.

Confirming my suspicions I threw the hatchet directly at his chest, only for him him to dodge last second and it to hit the tree dead center a few feet behind him. His neck suddenly snapped in an odd direction making a cracking sound. His mask lifted up at the corners indicating he was smirking

Realizing I have no weapons left I made a run for it and was pulled back by the collar if my jacket, yanking me back on the cool forest ground. He pointed the hatchets at me and asked again.

"Who a-are you-u?"

Deciding to keep quite I just gave him a hard stare. Seeming fed up with my additude he bent down and with one fluid motion slung me over his shoulder. I started to vigorously punch at his back. It didn't seem to effect him just like the bullet wound. He pulled his hatchet out of the tree sliding it into what appeared to be a holster. Then picked up my backpack and discarded gun. After a few minutes of relentlessly hitting his back I decided to save my energy for what was to come. Going limp still being tired with only a few hours of sleep. I zoned out sometime he would twitch or crack his neck or even have a leg or arm nearly give out from muscle spasms but that was the least of my worries. Sometimes I would start punching his back a few times but never got a reaction.

After a while I could tell where we were going. This was the path I was on when I ran away from the cabin we were nearing the clearing, he was taking me back. I started thrashing around trying to get out of his death grip. It was no use, still I continued to scratch and punch at his skin and back. Then trees stopped and we were standing in grass. I punched harder and harder not giving up without a fight. He gave a light chuckle continuing in the direction of the house and headed up the front stairs.

Slinging me down from his shoulder, setting me in front of him holding my upper arm tight and shooting me a glare to not do anything stupid. The orange of his goggles making his eyes appear red. From the light of the house I can see the blood stains in his light brown hoodie not only from the gun hole but it was someone else's.

Before I could think too much more about it he opened the door and yelled

"I'm b-back, and I-I found som-mething-g."