Forbidden Forest Fudge

"MINNIE SAID THE WORDS SHUT UP? SHE ACTUALLY SAID THEM? IN THE CORRECT ORDER AND EVERYTHING, WITH THE ACTUAL INTENT OF MAKING YOU -- James Charlus Potter -- SHUT -- UP-- ?!"

James rolled his eyes.

"I bloody love that woman," Sirius crowed, "I love her more than the bloody earth itself."

Remus chuckled, shaking his head.

"I should've shirked off taking my disapparation lessons, you lot are having a spiffing go of it. Mine were boring as watching a demiguise orgy."

Lily made a face, leaning 'round James to look at Sirius, then her eyes lit up and she grinned, "Because they'd be invisible."

"Right." Sirius elbowed James, "I fucking like her."

"You love me, shut up," Lily answered.

"I do. Only woman I've ever loved."

"Besides Minerva McGonagall," Lily said.

"Yes, besides Minnie, of course." Sirius nodded.

They were standing in line in Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, which was actually quite busy because it was rather hot outside, and the queue went out the door. Peter was of the door frame, leaning against it with Sirius and Remus still outside and James and Lily just inside. He was smiling, listening to them all talk and banter. It was this he'd missed most of all since summer had begun and he'd been all by himself. Now, he felt like he was wrapped up in a blanket of friendship and he was really happy for the first time since saying goodbye to the lot of them at the platform fresh off the Hogwarts Express.

"Evans," James said, grinning, "Remember last time we were here?" He flushed. "Did I really ruin the blouse?"

Lily looked at him, "Oh, Potter you have no idea how happy I am to hear you say those words." She wrapped her arms about his torso.

"What?" James looked confused.

"Bit of a sore spot," Sirius replied, smirking.

Remus asked, trying to lean 'round the doorway to see, "Can you prats on the inside see if they've got the Forbidden Forest Fudge on the menu today?"

"They always have got chocolate on the menu, Moony," Sirius said, smirking.

"Yes but the Forbidden Forest Fudge is dark chocolate and the Chocolate Frog is just your standard milk."

"He's literally being a nerd about chocolate colour," Sirius said, "Merlin have mercy on my wand."

"That what you say in bed, too?" Lily asked slyly.

"SLAYED BY THE DRAGON, I HAVE BEEN!" Sirius wailed and he feigned falling against the open door at his back, clutching his heart.

"The foridden forest is on the menu, Moony," Peter offered helpfully, having spent the past several seconds of banter reading the menu for the flavors of the day. "They also have Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Ice Cream!" 

"My luck I'd get bogey flavored," Sirius muttered. 

"That's not pistachio!" James mocked Sirius.

The pair of them cracked up, Sirius knocking James's shoulder with his fist. "Good one, James."

James grinned. 

Lily looked Remus, "Honestly. How do two intelligent people like us end up with idiots like these?"

Remus said, "I'm just glad I'm not alone in this predicament anymore."

Peter said, "Wendy likes Pistachio ice cream."

"Nobody really likes it, Peter," James said, "They like the novelty of it being green."