The meeting

Blake

My heels clicked across the marble floors of my office as I paced back and forth on the phone with a client. They were going on and on about how they personally wanted me to handle their account like I did before my position got moved up. I was no longer doing the dirty work , due to me being the new president of my accounting firm. The client was having a hard time coming to terms with it. It was understandable though I'm a genius at what I do.

"I assure you Mr.hastin you're account is good hands....yes yes i understand that i was the best but Iam no longer an accountant...if it will make things better ill personally look over your account at the end of every month....yes sir , no problem." Tired from going back and forth across the office I plopped down behind my desk and rubbed my temples. I'd been getting phone calls all day from my former clients. They were all pretty upset to let me go. You'd think getting a higher position would reduce the stress, but today was quite the opposite. I was the youngest and the only black employee let alone woman in the position i was in within the company. I worked my butt off to get here and was glad i finally made it. 4 years of school at Howard university as an accounting major and a 2 year internship at a top accounting firm in D.C. landed me at the Draymont & Ferdin firm . Id only been here two years and made my way up to the top . I was now in my own corner office with a full bathroom and a beautiful view of New York City. Not to mention access to the company jet , 6 weeks paid vacation, and a annual raise every year.

Life was goodt hunty ! Ok?! Not only was i successful i had a just as successful man

Life was goodt hunty ! Ok?! Not only was i successful i had a just as successful man. He was everything i dreamed of . Handsome , smart, successful and did i mention a beast in the sheets ! He spoiled me more than i did myself. We met when i moved to New York and been inseperable ever since. He was a dream come true especially after dealing with nothing but bum niggas. Chris was lightskinned , tatted , good hair, freckles , and just all around sexy. I was in a daze thinking about Chris when a knock on my office door took me out of my trance.

* knock knock*

"yes , come in."

I turned around to see my assistant Liz peeking her head in.

"Hi , ms.Steele your 3 o clock is here ", she said lowly.

I had no idea why but she always acted as though she was scared of me.

" Ok let them in."

As Liz opened the door further I was immediately hit by a strong smell of marijuana. I scrunched my noise and made my way to the back of my office before the headache could start .

" im sorry , you guys can go ahead and have a seat ill be right there." , i said waving them off.

Another downside to my new position, I personally had to meet with big clients to introduce them to what exactly it is that we do . Every now and then there'd be the occasional drug dealer or rapper and of course they always had to flash there money and try to get my number . I always shot them down because im about my business and money , plus i got a man at home.  After i got myself together i headed to my desk to sit down . The quicker i got this over with the quicker they were out .