EP 23: LET IT BURN

Episode 23: Let It Burn

[ 2 Days Ago, 8:00 pm, before disappearance ]

I found myself in the hut, my fingers fiddling with the necklace Alexander gave me. Just wearing it made me feel his warmth, craving to hear the sound of his laugh.

I guess that's what happens when you fall for someone -- you just can't seem to be separated from them. Your heart is captive in their hands.

Focusing back on my task, I zeroed my eyes on the pendent. Kara needed the necklace which was a key in my opinion. As if god finally decided to let things go easy on me, there was only one door unlocked in the hut.

Stalking towards it, I dusted the key hole before pushing the pendent into it. A smile of satisfaction spread across my lips when I heard a click.

I gave the door a gentle push and my eyes came upon a small cupboard positioned smack middle of the room. With just one step into the room, I shivered from the eerie feeling the room gave off.

I swear a creepy clown better not pounce out of nowhere...

I opened the cupboard, fanning away the dust and spider webs. Crouching low, there was a lighter and a brown box. Alexander must have left his lighter here after he had a cigarette.

Mental note : tell Alexander to quit smoking.

With curious eyes, I sat down on the floor to examine what the box held instead.

Should i open it? I mean afterall I did respect Alexander's privacy....

That thought was quickly swept away once I remembered how much he lied to me that day.

Hell no boy, I ain't holding back now.

With slightly trembling fingers, I opened the box to meet a baige folder of documents. I felt my heart rise up my throat when I read the first document.

I read the phrase over and over again, I even pinched myself -- praying that my eyes were playing with me.

In my hands was Angie's birth certificate which had everything printed clearly for me ti digest.

How could I have been so blind?

So blind to not notice the hatred in his eyes each time?

I couldn't even bring myself to say it out loud...

Kara was Alexander's wife...