Chapter 37

We are slowly coming to the end of THE MAFIA'S NANNY and I feel so upset yet so excited at the same time. This hasn't been the kind of book that has got millions of views and votes but the supporters that have still remained reading the book, are appreciated so much. You make me so happy :)
There are a few more chapters and A HELL OF A LOT of drama ahead so don't worry, the book isn't over yet.
I just wanted to say thank you :)

~~

Eva

"It's sparkly," Arianna pointed out with her small finger prodding the diamond that was prominent on the ring. "So sparkly..."

I watched the amusement on her pretty face. Her eyes were glowing and filled with innocence that captured my heart with both hands. I was going to be a motherly figure towards her... in some complicated way — she was part of me. And the thought of protecting her until she is able to journey on her own, made my heart dance and soar.

I'd always wanted a daughter. A little girl that resembled me — except I would give her everything that I was never able to have, shower her with the love that I yearned for. I'd look towards my own mother for guidance, so that in some way, she could live through me and be able to act as she always wanted to.

Arianna wasn't mine.

But I still had immense admiration towards her. And I would do everything that a mother should do for her. Because she was part of Alessandro, therefore part of me.

"Eva?" Her curious voice snapped me from my daze.

I looked towards her and hummed.

"I haven't had my nightmares in such a long time," she spoke to herself proudly. "I think they're all gone."

"Has Leah been helping you?" I asked her with my heart singing in joy.

Arianna nodded and fiddled with her locks of hair. "She's really good...."

"I bet," I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear with a gentle smile. I watched her for a few moments before I couldn't resist myself. "Come here..."

I noticed how her eyes lit up. Her body swiftly moved onto my lap and she wrapped her tiny arms around my waist — my arms secured around her tiny figure.

"I'm happy that you're finally calm inside your head, Ari," I whispered lovingly with my fingers tracing her legs. "You deserve the innocence that I can see in those eyes of yours."

Arianna looked up at me and I instantly felt a rush of gratitude coming from her. Though she didn't speak any words of specific thankfulness — the look that she gave me told me that she felt lucky to have me in her life. And I felt lucky to have her too.

"I hope I can be like you when I'm older, Eva," Her voice was gentle and pure. It made my heart swell and throb.

"You'll be so much better than me..." I told her with truth dripping from my tone. "You'll be strong and confident and beautiful and free. There won't be a single person that will be able to harm you. Not as long as Daddy and I are around."

"Well...."

Arianna diverted her eye contact and began to think — the look on her face being confused and fearful. My eyebrows furrowed in curiosity and I placed my hand on her arm. "What, Ari?"

It took a few minutes before she looked back up. The innocence in her orbs had faded and instead — there was a disgusting fear that made my stomach turn. As if she had been through Hell and back.

And when I saw that kind of emotion in such a sweet little girl's eyes... I knew that life had already took its punch on the most delicate.

"As long as you and Daddy are around, nothing will ever harm me, but... but how do I know you'll always be here?"