Broken Trust

"Loving you was hard, wanting you was harder but kissing your forehead was insanity."

▪▪~Dominic Ricitello~▪▪

August let Alexis cry in her room. He couldn't comfort or console her. He knew she would only believe her evil brother. It wasn't her fault either. She didn't know her brother was an evil man who wanted to kill her at any cost.

He kept sitting on the couch for a while listening to her cries. After sometimes there was silence. He wanted to check on her so bad. He opened the door slightly. She was sitting on the floor with her head placed on the mattress of the bed. She fell tired of constant crying and probably had falled asleep.

He crept towards her and gently lifted her in his arms. Placing her on her bed he covered her with the duvet. He leaned down and gently kissed her forehead.

"I am sorry." He could only say this.

August opened the door. He turned around threw a final glance at the sleeping Alexis and slowly closed the door behind him.

Now it was time to confront Zohra.

He went to his apartment first. He changed into his casual clothes just then his phone rang. It was Steve's number. He picked it up.

"Why did you call me?" August's voice was filled with anger.

"To see how heartbroken you are now." Steve laughed.

"Fuck you!" He cursed and cut the call.

He threw the phone on the couch and went to Zohra's flat.

He rang the bell. Nobody answered.

"Zohra! Open the door. I know you are in there." He shouted.

She was indeed in there but was afraid to open the door.

"Zohra! Open the god damn door or I....his sentence remained incomplete as the door got opened.

She was infront of him. Claded in a long black silk gown. She was a paragon of mystique beauty. Her long black hairs fideled on her face. Her brown eyes filled with kohl were sparkling. Her sweet innocent face was telling the story of her defeat. Her defeated love when he left her in Afghanistan without even telling her.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Kabul, Afghanistan:

After dropping Zohra to her home August made his way back to the headquarters. After reaching the headquarters he went to his room immediately.

His door was knocked. He went to open it. A soldier was standing outside.

"Agent Walker! Miss Erica Sloan is calling you. She is waiting down the hall." He said.

"Tell her I am coming." He said and closed the door.

He knew what would happen now. He had to clarify Erica that Zohra was innocent. She was just there to save the women. But what he couldn't justify was she took the law in her hand.

He went downstairs. Erica was waiting for him there. He stood beside her.

 He stood beside her