Chapter 18

Zameer was quick to act and dodged the flying glass that was thrown his way. He knew that what he had to say would surely get a reaction out of Shehryaar and he was right.

"What?!" Shehryaar shouted, his fists rolled at his sides and shoulders quaking in anger.

"Calm down Boss," Zameer raised his hands but Shehryaar wasn't having it, his face showing his fury and his rigid body was exuding his anger in waves.

"You are not fucking this up!" He growled as he strode towards Zameer and took him by the scruff of his collar.

"You will not fuck up my alliance with the Khwarizmis." He growled on Zameer's face.

"And I won't." Zameer replied calmly.

"And how the fuck will you do that?" Shehryaar released his collar and pushed him away. Zameer kept his composure and faced Shehryaar head on.

"For the time being, I'm only concerned about Bhabi's condition. And Dr. Sadia, she's the best you've got. You kill her and you lose Bhabi forever." Zameer reasoned.

Shehryaar turned away. Zameer knew that he couldn't deny these facts.

"As for my marriage with Sarah Khwarizmi, you don't need to worry. She'll be my official wife. Our alliance with them wont be jeopardised in the least."

Shehryaar sighed heavily, raking his hand through his already disheveled hair. Zameer knew that Shehryaar was desperate to bring back Anissa, He went so far as to bring an officially recognised figure into his service then what was stopping him from sparing her life? Zameer knew that Shehryaar wouldn't risk his position but he also knew that Shehryaar cared more for his wife's health.

"You've got nothing to lose in this boss. Spare the good doctor and keep her in your service."

"What the hell makes you think that she'll be of any use now?"

"She will be. I'll make sure of that, that's why I'm taking responsibility for that girl."

"Oh really?" Shehryaar turned to face Zameer, his eyes narrowed and his expression hard. Zameer knew instantly that Shehryaar was trying to figure him out.

"Trust me, that's all there is to it. There are no feelings involved."

He knew, that was a lie. He held massive respect for her. But he didn't want Shehryaar knowing that and thankfully, because of Shehryaar's own dilemma, he wasn't being his usual self otherwise he would've noticed it by now.

""Boss, she can still be useful."

Shehryaar was quiet. He contemplated on it and his guilt was so great, he couldn't help but consider all that Zameer had said. Up until Dr. Sadia, no one was able to tell him what had become of Anissa.

"Consider bhabhi's conditon. You still don't know what's wrong with her. And Dr. Sadia is the best you've got. She's the best in her line of work. You can keep her alive as one of your doctors." Zameer proposed once again.

"Are you fucking kidding me? She's the enemy!" Shehryaar was getting angry now. His frustration was getting out of hand. If he didn't have Sadia killed then he knew that sooner or later, his identity at the Mafia boss of the MMM would be put in jeopardy. Sadia was not only the daughter of his enemy but she was also a well known public figure in the medical board of the country. She was a huge liability.

"She's not the enemy. She just happens to be the enemy's daughter. It's true that we couldn't make use of her but trust me, you'll need her for Bhabhi later. Better to have a familiar look at her then let strangers do it." Zameer said.