3

Jessica had stolen a car the night she walked out of the motel. She was leaning against the hood as the Impala pulled up to the crime scene. A smirk on her lips.

"What took you so long?" Jessica asked the Winchester's as they got out of the Impala.

"See, told you she'd meet us here." John walked passed Jessica and towards the police. Dean was now standing next to her.

"Hey-"

"It's none of your business." Jessica said flatly.

"I was only wondering who-" Dean was cut off again.

"It's not important, we have a case right now." Jessica stood up straight now. "Why don't you focus on that." She began to walk towards John.

"Wow," Sam started. "Your mojo's really not working on her is it?"

Dean looked at Sam.

"Shut up." Dean looked back as both John and Jessica were walking back towards the Impala. "What did you find?" Dean asked.

"Couples car was found abandoned." John said. "Skid marks show that they stopped quickly for something in their way."

"You think the Vampires took them?" Sam asked.

"Definitely." Jessica replied.

"Where are they heading?" Dean asked.

"West." John replied.

"How can you be so sure?" Sam asked rather quickly.

"Sam-" Dean started but was cut off by his brother.

"I just want to make sure we're going in the right direction." Sam replied.

"We are." John said.

"How do you know?" Sam asked.

"I found this." John pulled out a vampire fang from his coat pocket.

"What is that?" Dean asked. "A Vamp fang?"

"Not fangs, teeth." John said. "The second set descends when they attack." John looked at Sam. "Any more questions?"

Sam looked at everything but his father.

"Alright, we need to get out of here. We're losing daylight." Everyone began to walk back towards the Impala. "And Dean, clean your car or it'll get rust. I wouldn't have given you the damn thing if I thought you were going to ruin it."

Sam looked at Dean and smiled. Dean rolled his eyes and got in his car.

~<•>~

"So..." Dean looked at Jessica through the rear view mirror. He was given a dirty look that shut him up.

"Jess," Sam started. "Exactly how old are you?"

Jessica looked at the back of Sams head and answered.

"I'm twenty five."

"What made you become a hunter?" Sam asked.

"Um, I'm not sure really," Jessica began to pick at her fingers. "I think I crossed paths with a monster once, barely escaped if it weren't for your Dad."