Chapter 4

*4 months later*

It's been a couple months since I started working at Grey And Co. and it has been amazing. Claire and I have become best friends and Adam and I work together perfectly like a well oiled machine.

Adam and I have also grown to be close friends, we go out on Fridays for a drink sometimes and other times we have lunch together if I don't have plans with Claire. He also flirts with me sometimes unless I'm just hallucinating (stroking chin)...

Anyway, it's Friday and I'm in my office, doing my work as usual. I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said as I'm busy doing my work.

"Do you have plans tonight." Says a deep voice that I have come to know as Adam's.

I look up from my computer and I see him sitting in one of the chairs at my desk.

I raise an eyebrow as I respond "No, why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date with me?" He says as he looks at me nervously.

I look at him surprised "Wh-what?"

"I'm going to be honest with you Blake, I've been attracted to you from the moment you walked into my office for the interview. My feelings for you only intensified when I got to know you better. I haven't had the balls to ask you out but I decided to grow a pair and do it." He says as he looks at me straight in the eyes and I see nothing but adoration in them.

"I would love to go on a date with you." I reply as I blush and hold in a squeal of excitement.

He breathes out a sigh of relief.

"Ok then. I'll pick you up at 6:30 pm and dress formally." He then stands up and leaves the room but not without throwing a wink at me.

Oh my gosh. I'm going out with Adam on a date. Of course me being me, I stand up from my chair and dance around my office in excitement.

'Calm down Blake, geez. Your acting as though you just won the damn lottery'. I mentally roll my eyes at my subconscious.

I finally calm down and I look at the time on my wristwatch, 4:00 pm. Just 30 minutes left until I get to go home and prepare myself for my date.

I smile at the thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time right now is 6:25 pm and I'm done getting ready for my date. I wearing a maroon suit with a black tie, black dress shoes and a black jacket on top. It was currently the end of autumn so it was getting really cold.

At exactly 6:30 pm came a knock on my door. Excitement was bubbling once again inside of me. I opened the door and there stood a handsome and dapper Adam.

He stood there wearing a dark grey suit, black turtleneck and dark brown dress shoes.

He looked me up and down and lust filled his eyes.

"You look amazing Blake." He said with a smile.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I said returning his smile.

"These are for you." He handed me a bouquet of white and red roses that he had in his hand.

"Oh my goodness, they are so beautiful. Thank you Adam." I said with a wide grin splitting my face.

I went to the kitchen and pulled out a vase from the cabinet to place the flowers in. I poured some water in it and put the bouquet in it.

Adam and I made our way to his car and like the true gentleman he is, he opened the door for me.

I feigned a shocked expression and put my hand on my chest, "Wow, he's a true gentleman."

"Oh shush and just get in." He said as he chuckled sofly.

I got in and buckled my seatbelt. Adam went round the car and got in the driver's seat. He buckled in his own seatbelt and we were on our way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a car ride full of laughter and chatter, we arrived at New York's finest restaurant.

Of course he took you to New York's number one restaurant. I mean he's got more than enough money to afford it and he's just the classy type of guy.

"Are you coming or what?" Adam asked with amusement clear on his face.

Don't judge, my mind tends to wander at times.

"U-uh yeah" I stuttered as I got out of the car as Adam was holding the door open for me.

He locked the car and took hold of my hand and interlaced our fingers as we walked to the entrance of the restaurant. I smiled like an idiot at his gesture.

We entered the restaurant and walked up to the host.

"Hi. Reservation for Adam Grey please." Adam spoke politely to her.

The host checked on the list. "Oh yes. It's right here. If you can follow me please." She smiled warmly at us.

She started walking and we followed after her. She lead us to a table at the back and she gestured for us to sit down. Of course Adam pulled the chair out for me.

I smiled at him in gratitude and he returned my smile.

"Here are menus for you. I'll get a waiter for your table, it'll take just a few minutes." The hostess said with the smile still plastered on her face.

"Alright. Thank you." Adam replied to her.

The hostess nodded and walked away.

"So, how's Monica?" I asked.

Monica is Adam's mom. I've actually met his parents a couple of times and Monica is the craziest bitch on this planet. Just like me. (Mental smirk).

"She's good. She's always talking about you and how much she loves you. I think she loves you more than me." He let out a little chuckle.

I smiled as I responded "Of course she does. I mean come on, I'm amazing."

He laughed and shook his head, "Way to make a guy feel good about himself."

I was about to throw a reply at him when we were interrupted by a young lady. She was short and had ginger hair in a ponytail. She was wearing the restaurant uniform which consisted of black pants with a white shirt, black flats and black apron around her waist.

"Good evening gentlemen. My name is Skylar and I will be your waitress for the night. Have you decided what you will be having tonight?" She asked with a smile on her face.

I even forgot about the menus sitting in front of us. As usual.

"Uh not yet. If you could please come back after a few minutes that you be great." I said with a sheepish look on my face.

"Ok, no problem." She said and walked away to attend to another table.

"Alright then. Let's see what we have here" I opened the menu and wow. Mind. Blown.

They have everything here. From steak to seafood and everything in between.

I felt a pair of eyes staring at me and I looked up and sure enough, Adam was staring at me.

I suddenly felt self conscious. "What?"

"Nothing. You are beautiful. You know that?"

I felt my face turn different shades of red.

"Thank you." I said. I'm not very good at taking compliments, unfortunately.

The waiter came back and took our orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The date went great. It was filled with laughter and conversation about our childhoods, family and college.... I had a great time and of course Adam kept throwing compliments my way.

Right now, Adam is walking me up to my apartment. I opened my door and invited him in but I did not expect what happened next.